Havana Excursions

skronzek

On his website he clearly says, he will take you where ever you want for your tour..

Make a list, google things to do in cuba.. I have lots of places I want to see that are not tourist spots :)

Gotcha, thanks. I guess my main question is would we keep busy on a 6 hour tour, or do you think 3 hours is appropriate?

Gotcha, thanks. I guess my main question is would we keep busy on a 6 hour tour, or do you think 3 hours is appropriate?

Museum of the Revolution will take some time as will walking around Old Havana.

Lunch?

Finca Vigia (Hemenwat's home) is outside the city and depending upon traffic and the route taken, 30 minutes driving time each way.

Honestly, I don't even think with six hours, you are going to be seeing everything you want to do.

I am in contact with a "private" tour operator and on the facebook page he said to make sure you check "support for the Cuban people" and you can do private tours... from an email:

Since you will be traveling under certain restrictions ,you will have to use "supporting the Cuban people" that way will be able to do a private tour (with us) to support Cuban private entrepreneurs.You can also get a copy of the itinerary from Facebook:"Blexie-Havana Tours".

Thank you for the helpful info. As an educator, I thought that I could do an independent tour/visit.

I spoke with two different NCL reps to make sure I got the same answer. I did. Both reps told me that you don't have to take the ships excursions, you can just go on your own. But, keep receipts for what you do, tickets to shows, etc. So you can prove your people-to- people experiences. If you choose to take a ship excursion, they all fit the requirements for going to Cuba, and it's best to book before you go, as they fill up quickly, and may not be available when you get on the ship. Hope this helps.

Yes, there is plenty to see in Havana - you won't see it all in 6 hours. We booked with Blexie last August. You will have an English speaking guide and an old car driver (our driver did not speak English). They will go wherever you want. We went to the cemetery, forts, old town plazas, revolutionary square, hotel nacional, the fine arts museum and more. Blexie was our guide and is very knowledgeable about all the sites and his country. We paid in cash at the end of the tour plus a tip - in CUCs. As previously mentioned, most people also take a lunch break which takes up some of your 6 hour time. Since it was so hot, we went back to the ship for a quick lunch before heading back out on the tour.

His price is per car so you can have several people for the one price and he will take you where ever you want to go for the 6 hours that you have hired him for. I have a list of places :)

Hi! Can you share your list of places? We are booked on the June 25 cruise and I'm starting to plan now. Thank you!

Yes, there is plenty to see in Havana - you won't see it all in 6 hours. We booked with Blexie last August. You will have an English speaking guide and an old car driver (our driver did not speak English). They will go wherever you want. We went to the cemetery, forts, old town plazas, revolutionary square, hotel nacional, the fine arts museum and more. Blexie was our guide and is very knowledgeable about all the sites and his country. We paid in cash at the end of the tour plus a tip - in CUCs. As previously mentioned, most people also take a lunch break which takes up some of your 6 hour time. Since it was so hot, we went back to the ship for a quick lunch before heading back out on the tour.

Did he just hang around while you were eating lunch on the ship?

Hi! Can you share your list of places? We are booked on the June 25 cruise and I'm starting to plan now. Thank you!

I am a simple person, I do not really want to be where most of the tourist are :)

I would like to visit the Forts, The Napoleonic Museum, The Christopher Columbus Cemetery, Revolution Museum, Visit a cigar factory,

I would also like to see the real Cuba, where people live, kids go to school, visit a grocery store, and a 15 minute stop at the beach so I can say I put my feet in the sand in Havana. I really really want to see the real Cuba, not the tourist Cuba.

I am a simple person, I do not really want to be where most of the tourist are :)

I would like to visit the Forts, The Napoleonic Museum, The Christopher Columbus Cemetery, Revolution Museum, Visit a cigar factory,

I would also like to see the real Cuba, where people live, kids go to school, visit a grocery store, and a 15 minute stop at the beach so I can say I put my feet in the sand in Havana. I really really want to see the real Cuba, not the tourist Cuba.

Thank you so much!

[quote name='newcruiser1956;55596641

I would also like to see the real Cuba' date=' where people live, kids go to school, visit a grocery store, and a 15 minute stop at the beach so I can say I put my feet in the sand in Havana. I really really want to see the real Cuba, not the tourist Cuba. [/font']

This is always my favorite part of traveling anywhere new. Were they totally fine taking you to those places? Are there any safety concerns?

This is always my favorite part of traveling anywhere new. Were they totally fine taking you to those places? Are there any safety concerns?

The only place our guide wasn’t wild about was the Revolutionary Museum but he would have taken us if we wanted. No safety concerns anywhere, but the Santeria forest was a bit creepy and smelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
His price is per car so you can have several people for the one price and he will take you where ever you want to go for the 6 hours that you have hired him for. I have a list of places :)

Hi,

Could you forward to me at my e-mail address your list of places? I am afraid I want be able to get back to you. My address is adele@sircoconsultants.com.

Do you know if he does tours outside of Havana>

Thank you.