Is a “Guarantee” Really a Guarantee?

Guaranteed means you are Ticketed and cleared for embarkation but no cabin assignment has been given and you will be getting a cabin in the category you paid for or better.

A guarantee cabin assignment can be assigned anytime from the time you placed your Deposit all the way until the sail date at the pier. Just keep checking your Cruise Planner for updates on the cabin assignment.

I have to agree with travelplus that a guaranty is supposed to work as explained. Unfortunately I and several others found out otherwise that RCI doesn’t always provide you with a cabin you paid for.

Another example was a family driving to Florida received an email something to the effect that their cruise was being changed from the ten day on Serenade to a seven day on either Allure or Harmony. No compensation and this was a booked cabin not a guaranty. Details are on CC somewhere from a year or so ago.

Cruises are selling full and they expect last minute cancellations, thus I predict there are more overbookings than we hear about here on CC.

Again, I read a lot about move overs on Princess. They are definitely overbooking but found a way to keep the guaranty offer and make someone who can be flexible happy with a nearly free cruise.

Judy

I was told "ship is sold out" and "no guarantee" and "room assignment can take place up to the time the ship sails" by Royal Caribbean Customer Service AND by Crown & Anchor Customer Support. I do have the names of the individuals written down in case I need to reference them.

I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

“The ship is sold out” may be a factual statement, but it does not address your specific status. Not helpful, but it does not warrant a complaint,

"room assignment can take place up to the time the ship sails" is certainly a fact. While not as comforting a suite assignment, it is an appropriate answer to your query.

“No guarantee” you will get a room, if said by a Royal Caribbean employee, in my opinion does warrant a complaint, one way or another. If there is a special circumstance putting your booking at risk, you deserve to be told that circumstance, your TA should complain and insist the situation be escalated, and theyfind a way to make it right. If, on the other hand, there is no known special issue,an employee making such a statement needs to be re-educated pronto.

So here's a question that I've been thinking about............IF we still don't have a cabin assignment on the morning of the cruise, what do we do with our luggage when we show up at the port???

Check with a porter when you arrive at the port. Hopefully they will have a manifest with your cabin assignment. If not, they should be able to direct you.

I hope you get an assignment soon, and I hope it is worth the wait. Eleven days is plenty of time for an assignment to be posted.