My parents were denied boarding on Holland America 30 day cruise, need help

puffy16

Not so far fetched a thought. Maybe not a new cruise line, but sounds a bit like Regent Cruises Navigator. To quote a Yahoo website, "The hull was constructed by former USSR (Russia) as a satellite tracking ship. The hull was purchased by RSSC and the superstructure was finished by Mariotti Yards, Italy."

Maybe they are competing with North Korea's first ever cruise ship, the "luxurious" Man Gyong Bong 92.

article-2032602-0DA83AAF00000578-363_634x393.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8739011/The-worlds-worst-cruise-holiday.html

Not so far fetched a thought. Maybe not a new cruise line, but sounds a bit like Regent Cruises Navigator. To quote a Yahoo website, "The hull was constructed by former USSR (Russia) as a satellite tracking ship. The hull was purchased by RSSC and the superstructure was finished by Mariotti Yards, Italy."

My mother's friend told me back in the day Russians were running a bunch of cheap no frills cruises. No bars, no pools certainly no entertainment:p. The way she described them it made me think of a floating hostel. Rooms were small, no balcony option at all, (you were lucky if they had a window:')) many times it was dormitory but you got three meals a day and lots of stops, sometimes they provided tours but usually you had to arrange your own thing and apparently they were dirt cheap.

My mother's friend loved them, travelled the world with them all through her 20s and 30s even travelling with her whole family. She told me the big cruise companies as they became more established and flights became cheaper the no frills companies couldn't compete after all while she loved no frills most people do like a little comfort;)