Help Please. Paying for future cruise while on current cruise.

Dinthesea

On NCL when i purchased future cruise credit

The offer was $ 250.00 cost for cruise within 4 years ( open ended)

Plus $ 100.00 OBC for cruise we were on

I would see if that or better was available

Good Luck

keep on cruising

Cruise next certificate that you can buy on board are a 2 for 1 deal. Don't get sucked into the OBC thought. Don't get me wrong I think it's good deal, if you want to continue to cruise with NCL. The way they sell it makes you think your getting OBC that you really don't, since it more of a refund back for half the certs you buy. For example if you buy 4 certs at $250 each, they charge your on board account $1000, then they credit back $500, so your only charged for 2.

I believe if you actually book on board there may be some additional perks offered, but I don't know.

I am not certain, but I seem to remember the perk for booking on the cruise is a within class upgrade, ie pay for a BD, get a BC. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will weigh in.

Last cruise we were on was a choice of the current promotion (Pick 1, 2 or all) depending on cabin and then a free upgrade within that class. So if you picked a base balcony, they would automatically upgrade you to the next level.

This was Thanksgiving of last year.

Cruise next certificate that you can buy on board are a 2 for 1 deal. Don't get sucked into the OBC thought. Don't get me wrong I think it's good deal, if you want to continue to cruise with NCL. The way they sell it makes you think your getting OBC that you really don't, since it more of a refund back for half the certs you buy. For example if you buy 4 certs at $250 each, they charge your on board account $1000, then they credit back $500, so your only charged for 2.

I believe if you actually book on board there may be some additional perks offered, but I don't know.

It's the same thing whether you think about it as Buy 1 Get 1 free or OBC. And it's not necessarily buy one get one anyway... If you only buy 1, then you get $100 OBC. If you buy two, you get $250 OBC. Buy 3, get $375 OBC.

It's definitely the best deal to buy at least two as you save $125/certificate opposed to only $100 when you buy one.

When I booked my next cruise while on my last one, I booked a BF balcony & was upgraded to a BA. And if the fares drop enough, when you rebook, you lose that upgrade. Other than that, no other advantage.

Thanks everyone. I’m going on the getaway in a couple of months with family but I’ve also booked another in August for myself and my Best friend. So I’m trying to see if I can buy the certificates and apply to my August cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums