Wait Listed for Preferred Dining Time - Have 8:15 confirmed but can I.....

mimi7546

We prefer to eat at the 6:00 dining time and to have the same people at our meals. This is the first cruise where I couldn't get early dining confirmed. We have 8:15 confirmed, but I am given no option for anytime dining. So, can we just show up at the dining room when we're ready to eat and get a table anyway (which sounds like anytime dining to me!) LOL! TIA

We are scheduled at 8:15 too and I tried to get switched to anytime dining and was waitlisted. Is waiting until we board to try and switch the best strategy for us as well?

You can try the email route, however, they will go off the waitlist first as Platinum gets first dibs followed by FTTF, then everyone else. They aren’t going to ignore that just because someone sent an email. So yes, if you aren’t waitlist cleared by sailing time, then visit the MaitreD upon embarkation. The time and location will be in the Fun Times.

well i go Platinum on this cruise, so I shouldn't have a problem then? just contact the maitre d' when we board?

Then you should be amongst the first group to get waitlist cleared. Good chance you will before the cruise. I always have. But yes, if it doesn’t happen beforehand and your S&S card reflects Late then visit the MaitreD.

Hi

It is rarely the case that they can't accommodate a request to change dining time. Try email and if you see no change, then see the maître d' on embarkation day.

Even if they can't make the change on the first night, they might get it done the next might. Don't forget they are juggling a couple of thousand people. Most already have the seating they prefer, so on that first night they have to see where they stand and make every effort to keep everybody happy.

Just think, this thread topic is almost a daily question on this site. Considering that cruise critic members are only representative of a small fraction of cruisers, there are likely hundreds of people on each sailing in this situation, and if even a small percentage of those didn't get to eat when they preferred, we would hear about it. People love to complain.

I checked ours the other day and it gave us the option for anytime (which I chose), I checked just now because of this thread and it has us for early dining... Glitch maybe? We are 26 days out from our cruise.. I like anytime :(

Sounds like you have Early. Call Carnival or your TA and see if you can get it changed to YTD.

Sounds like you have Early. Call Carnival or your TA and see if you can get it changed to YTD.

We'll probably just give early dining a try the first night, if we don't like it we'll probably just suck it up or ask for a change.. I'm not really worried.. Just thought it was weird that I had picked anytime but it changed it and now won't give me the option to change back.. Not a big deal

We'll probably just give early dining a try the first night, if we don't like it we'll probably just suck it up or ask for a change.. I'm not really worried.. Just thought it was weird that I had picked anytime but it changed it and now won't give me the option to change back.. Not a big deal

I like Early myself. It may be a little more difficult to switch the second day, but it won’t hurt to ask. I think you’ll be fine either way. Have a great cruise!

I prefer to email the maitre d' prior to boarding - or to ask John Heald for help. That way my problem can be solved and my seating "anchored" before those who desire the changes on embarkment day talk with him. We always get late fixed dining but we prefer a large table - 6 or 8 - as we enjoy chatting and getting to know a set group of table mates.

If I email I do it day 2 of the cruise before ours. That way the problems from that cruise are dealt with and he's ready to tackle ours. Be aware that they do not always answer an email but if we've emailed it's always been taken care of before we've boarded.

I'm on a cruise in December and was waitlisted for early dining, my preference. I changed that to YTD and my booking indicated I was confirmed. A few days later the booking showed Early seating was confirmed. So I got what I wanted and many months ahead of time.