Long Winded Cabin Question

On our next cruise we are sailing with my husbands family. His parents, sister, brother/wife, and us. His other brother couldn't make it. We have a family oceanview room (sleeps 6 there are 5 of us) across the hall my brother-in-law and his wife have an interior (sleeps 2) it is looking like my brother-in-law/wife may not make it now. So here's my question. If we remove sister-in-laws name from that room and add mine that would technically give us 2 extra spots in my room. We were thinking of inviting my niece and nephew. If my brother-in-law ends up being a no show we can still put the 2 oldest kids (16 & 13) into that room correct? Also if he ends up being a no show would I then get double cruise points for technically being a single in that room or does that only count if the room is booked as a single? Hope that makes sense!

If the stateroom with the minors is next to or across the hall from the stateroom with the responsible adult, Royal will allow it, but you may have to call to book this way.

You would get the extra points if there is a no show and you are the sole occupant of a stateroomd designed for two or more guests. You may or may not have to call after the cruise to get the extra points.

If the stateroom with the minors is next to or across the hall from the stateroom with the responsible adult, Royal will allow it, but you may have to call to book this way.

You would get the extra points if there is a no show and you are the sole occupant of a stateroomd designed for two or more guests. You may or may not have to call after the cruise to get the extra points.

Thank you for your quick reply. It is directly across the hall. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to add both of them in there until my brother-in-law is a no show because you can't change the name of the first person in the room is that correct? So will that cause issues?

Thank you for your quick reply. It is directly across the hall. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to add both of them in there until my brother-in-law is a no show because you can't change the name of the first person in the room is that correct? So will that cause issues?

Is the stateroom only big enough for two guests? If so, you will be able to book one of the minors in there, but not the other.

Is the stateroom only big enough for two guests? If so, you will be able to book one of the minors in there, but not the other.

Yes it is only big enough for 2 guests. If i book one minor in there will they give me issues at check in when the adult in there doesn't show.

Yes it is only big enough for 2 guests. If i book one minor in there will they give me issues at check in when the adult in there doesn't show.

Probably not, it's not unusual for people int he same stateroom to show up at different times. I would not make any mention of the no-show, if asked I would say they are arriving separately.

If you are thinking of adding people to cabins, I would do it sooner rather than later, they can refuse to let you add people to your empty cabin if the lifeboat capacity for your section has been reached.