Move people around cabins for group before you go - Cheers?

LouiseSeth

Hello! I've tried searching this topic but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. We are traveling with a group and booked separate cabins for our teenagers.For the first time we are considering the Cheers package, but only for my husband. Can or should I move him to the kids’ room before we cruise so that I don’t have buy the package? I will not drink that much (maybe one glass of wine at dinner if I’m not too tired) and can’t justify the cost for both of us to buy the package. Can I move him on paper so to speak before we leave? Thank you for your help.

The answer is most likely depends on the cruise type you booked and how far from sailing you are. Sometimes changes cannot be made without penalty.

If it was me, I would call and move him now, the sooner the better. Worse case is they will tell you no.

Also, once you board the ship, you can go to guest services and they will "fix" your room cards so that the correct door can be opened with the correct key.

I ended up changing the occupants around in our two cabins after booking. That way, I only have to buy CHEERS for one cabin. Once we board, my daughter is going to stay in the other cabin, and my Mom will move in teh cabin with us. My Mom does not drink, and teh kids get thier own room. From what I understand, not sure what you mean by "fix" the room cards. I understand that all I need to do is go to GS and ask for a extra room key for both cabins. I give one to my daughter and one to my Mom. That way, they can enter the room they will be staying in, but they will still have to carry their original S&S card, for charging.

We have 2 connecting rooms and just did it yesterday for our cruise on Sunday. I just called our PVP and she had it done in about 10 minutes. She did say she "waived the charges" but she never acted like it was a problem or big deal to do it for us.

I did have to go in after the fact and fix the passport and contact information and then re-print all of our boarding passes and stuff. But that wasn't hard to do either....I just went through all of the screens on the check-in page.

I ended up changing the occupants around in our two cabins after booking. That way, I only have to buy CHEERS for one cabin. Once we board, my daughter is going to stay in the other cabin, and my Mom will move in teh cabin with us. My Mom does not drink, and teh kids get thier own room. From what I understand, not sure what you mean by "fix" the room cards. I understand that all I need to do is go to GS and ask for a extra room key for both cabins. I give one to my daughter and one to my Mom. That way, they can enter the room they will be staying in, but they will still have to carry their original S&S card, for charging.

By "fix" they mean have the assigned cards work for the newly assigned rooms instead of having them carry 2 cards around. We do this all the time when we travel with our kids.

I don’t drink but my wife does. Anytime we sail with the kids we always book my wife and 2 Kids in an inside across from myself and our other child in a balcony. Upon boarding we go to guest services and switch the kid in my cabin for my adult. Guest services attendants have never so much as batted an eye at this request.

By "fix" they mean have the assigned cards work for the newly assigned rooms instead of having them carry 2 cards around. We do this all the time when we travel with our kids.

Correct, this is what I meant. You do not have to get a 2nd key card that only opens the door. They can, if you request, just simply correct your sail and sign card to open the correct room door.

Correct, this is what I meant. You do not have to get a 2nd key card that only opens the door. They can, if you request, just simply correct your sail and sign card to open the correct room door.

Oh, I always thought GS would catch on to why you were swapping two people, to get around the CHEERS deal and not do that, hence the request for just a door key. Nice to know.