Deposit hold question

cfr70

I placed a 48 hour deposit hold on my booking last night and paid the deposit this morning. My booking is confirmed but on the Excursion page it's still saying this:

"Excursions are not available for purchase when reservation is in courtesy hold period. Please check back once a deposit has been made on the reservation."

I'm guessing I just have to wait until that 48 hour timer on the deposit hold runs it's course even though I made the deposit and have booking confirmation? Carnival already yanked the funds off the credit card so there's no waiting for payment to clear. I logged out and back in and it still shows it. :(

I placed a 48 hour deposit hold on my booking last night and paid the deposit this morning. My booking is confirmed but on the Excursion page it's still saying this:

"Excursions are not available for purchase when reservation is in courtesy hold period. Please check back once a deposit has been made on the reservation."

I'm guessing I just have to wait until that 48 hour timer on the deposit hold runs it's course even though I made the deposit and have booking confirmation? Carnival already yanked the funds off the credit card so there's no waiting for payment to clear. I logged out and back in and it still shows it. :(

Did you try clearing your cookies? OR logging in from another browser?

Did you try clearing your cookies? OR logging in from another browser?

Well that did work thank you....only now it's saying "We're still scheduling shore excursions for this sailing. Please check back bla bla bla..."

At least i'm able to book when they come out though. I'll remember that cookie thing for the future. Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I think you have to pay in full before you can book excursions. That is how it was on my May sailing out of Puerto Rico. It kept saying what you see and then when I did final payment, it opened them all up.

I could be wrong, but I think you have to pay in full before you can book excursions. That is how it was on my May sailing out of Puerto Rico. It kept saying what you see and then when I did final payment, it opened them all up.

Interesting.

I have three cruises coming up over the next two years and for all of them I can book excursions, although I am not PIF on any of them.

Nope, this is incorrect. Carnival will take your $$$ as soon as your cruise is booked (depending on how far out your cruise is)

Excursions generally show up for purchase about 9-12 months before your cruise. If you cruise is sooner than that, try from a different computer.

Cruise booked is for 1/27/19 and my last sailing this past December I was able to get FTTF by April, so it's probably going to be the same this time....or possibly May since it's a month later from last year's cruise.

I loved having FTTF and want to be sure to snag it as soon as it's available.

Good lord, no. You don’t have to be paid in full. For all of my cruises I have always booked excursions before I’ve paid the cruise off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums