Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach hotels

cfr70

I stayed this past December one night pre cruise at Best Western Cocoa Beach for $140 total, in a 1 BR suite with balcony. My next cruise is booked for 1/27/19 and the same room there is going for $191 total for 1/26/19. I don't think so! While the hotel and room was nice, it's just NOT worth paying $191 imo.

I'd appreciate any advice on Pt. Canaveral area hotels with a $150 or lower budget. I don't need beach views or fancy resort amenities, but don't want a roach motel either.

I'm also wondering if January '19 is still a bit too far out to book right now and prices will come down in a few months. I don't need bells and whistles, just a comfortable room with coffee maker a must. If no coffee maker, no go! Any recommendation is appreciated!

Also, I plan on just taking Lyft or Uber to the port so having a shuttle isn't a priority.

January is peak tourist season compared to December, that's why there's a difference in prices. Book something now that you can live with and cancel without penalty, and then keep shopping. ;)

January is peak tourist season compared to December, that's why there's a difference in prices. Book something now that you can live with and cancel without penalty, and then keep shopping. ;)

I had no idea it was peak tourist season. I always thought it peaked in Feb/March for Spring Break and that January was the big lull. I'm surprised, but yeah the prices sure do reflect a high season!

I literally spent hours last night searching for something, and actually found a price lower for the same Best Western I stayed at on one of those hotel booking websites with no deposit and free cancellation.

$135 for the room and $152 with tax and also comes with free hot breakfast. I snagged it and it's only $12 more than I paid last year so i'm happy.

I do prefer booking direct with hotel websites so will keep checking there and change if BW drops it's price.