Using Pal Pal to pay question

beshears

We are to be cruising in a couple weeks, but something may happen where we won't be able to do it. I have contacted someone to take care of us in Cozumel, but we have to pay through Pay Pal. I have never used them before, only my credit card. Since I won't know until the last minute if something stops us from coming to Cozumel, we will only get back half of our money through Pal Pal, as they need 2 weeks notice up front. If you have used Pal Pal before, do you like it, and does it work like a regular credit card?

In Roatan we booked an excursion, which had to be paid by paypal too. Since my paypal is funded by my credit card, I just figured I would dispute it through the credit card purchase.

We did have to cancell do to weather but got a full refund from the vendor anyway.

But check with PayPal and your Credit Card to see if you will be protected by the purchase by your Credit Card.

In Roatan we booked an excursion, which had to be paid by paypal too. Since my paypal is funded by my credit card, I just figured I would dispute it through the credit card purchase.

We did have to cancell do to weather but got a full refund from the vendor anyway.

But check with PayPal and your Credit Card to see if you will be protected by the purchase by your Credit Card.

If you dispute a PayPal purchase directly with your credit card PayPal will likely terminate your account with them. Go to PayPal first before going to your credit card company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its very easy to dispute charges with Paypal. However, if you know (up front) the companies rules than you probably won't get very far with any dispute. That being said would the changes be personal or are you thinking like weather or missing the port etc, because most companies will refund you for weather, missing ports etc. You may want to work with a different company if those aren't options.

Thank you for all of your replies.

If I understand this correctly, I should check with my credit card company to see how they work with Pal pal?

As you know Pal Pal is very new to me, and that is why I ask this question. In regard to why I probably would cancel at the last moment, I'm hoping/praying that it won't, but both my brother and brother in law are not well, and they could pass any time. I was told by the tour guide that Pal Pal will NOT pay full amount back, if they do not know 2 weeks ahead of time. At this point, I have no clue knowing 2 weeks ahead of time, whether they will be passing or not. Hopefully not.

Thank you for all of your replies.

If I understand this correctly, I should check with my credit card company to see how they work with Pal pal?

As you know Pal Pal is very new to me, and that is why I ask this question. In regard to why I probably would cancel at the last moment, I'm hoping/praying that it won't, but both my brother and brother in law are not well, and they could pass any time. I was told by the tour guide that Pal Pal will NOT pay full amount back, if they do not know 2 weeks ahead of time. At this point, I have no clue knowing 2 weeks ahead of time, whether they will be passing or not. Hopefully not.

Check with PayPal first, not your credit card. In my experience, if the merchant has a clearly stated refund policy such as this one, PayPal will likely not refund your money if you do need to cancel, even in the case of a family member passing away. At that point you could dispute it with your credit card issuer, but there is the very realistic chance that you would not win that dispute either and be responsible to pay for the charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have travel insurance? If so, you might look to see whether it includes prepaid excursions. Some of them do. I discovered this once because I had a land trip booked to go to a football game. Trip cancelled due to weather and we missed the game. I was able to claim the football tickets (which were very pricey) as an "excursion."

I don't know if this possible cancellation will mean cancelling your cruise also. If so, you might look into insurance- to see if there is anything that would cover your circumstances. You can usually buy a private policy for a relatively reasonable cost if you shop around online.