Special Needs at Sea or Scootaround for scooter rental?

berbet

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, berbet said:

Taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. These are the 2 scooter companies who service Royal. I’d love to hear the good, bad and ugly about both. Trying to decide which to book a heavy duty scooter through. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Special Needs at sea is not one that we would recommend.  Ordered a chair and the credit card was hit that day.  Princess cancelled because of the virus and they are charging us $500 cancellation.  Then we have waited 30 days so far for our refund, they are so busy.........baloney

we've always used scootaround 

the deal with this covid stuff is causing a lot of problems though but they do normally have options for trip insurance and stuff like that that drive the price up 

if you book online the way its set up is for the scooter to be delivered to the room, you might be able to set up a pick up in terminal by calling and asking to pick it up in the terminal 

but whenever we cruise we always see scooter rentals available in the terminals from SOME COMAPANY but until our last cruise in February had never done an in terminal rental - what we had actually done was seet up a scootaround rental but I was going to see when we got to the terminal if I could just get it at the terminal by asking so they'd not have to wheelchair me if I didn't fell I make it up the ramps or they wouldn't allow me to board at ground level and they would not ( jax ) anyway the ladies right at the front door in jaxport saw me come in with a small walker and aksed if I wanted a scooter and I showed them my paperwork and they just let me take possession right there 

we see both companies represented on the ships, all the time, - ken

I had never used Special Needs at Sea until last year when we sailed from Sydney to Honolulu on Celebrity Solstice.

They were very easy to work with and when the scooter turned out to be erratic, quickly replaced it.

The entire story is posted at # 21 in this thread in answer to someone els’s question.

Sent from my iPad using Forums