Internet when purchased on board?

traceytd

Can someone tell me how much the Internet cost once you are on board the ship. We are sailing the seaside in October and I want to purchase and the Internet with my onboard credits. Which means I have to purchase it after I’m boarded...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following.... Cruising on 3/24 and just received a email the Internet pricing is 20% cheaper if I buy precruise vs onboard. I realize they just changed their internet packages and pricing...but maybe someone onboard this week can provide an update

We sailed last week and had the Surfer (middle) package as a booking promo. IIRC- that package was $44.90 if pre-purchased, but cost $89 or maybe it was $99 (sorry can't recall the exact price) if purchased once on board. On the plus side- it's good for 2 devices, had full internet access and came with 3000 MB of data. We used just under 2000 MB for the week for 2 of us

If you want the streamer package, I highly suggest you buy at the pre-cruise price of $79.90. If you wait to buy after boarding, you will spend $143. On the plus side- you have access to 6000 MB of data over 4 devices

They’ve removed the Social, Surfer, and Streamer and now have Premium or Standard for our pre-purchase selections. Here’s what is on the Seaside for our sailing.

b2a9274e8c2176f810861a502cc13f8e.jpg

Does anyone know if you can use on “unlimited” devices by logging out and in of an account like on NCL? (When logging out that device no longer has internet access on NCL, but that line monitors minutes instead of data)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve removed the Social, Surfer, and Streamer and now have Premium or Standard for our pre-purchase selections. Here’s what is on the Seaside for our sailing.

b2a9274e8c2176f810861a502cc13f8e.jpg

Does anyone know if you can use on “unlimited” devices by logging out and in of an account like on NCL? (When logging out that device no longer has internet access on NCL, but that line monitors minutes instead of data)

I'll be on the Seaside 3/24 and can check. My take is....if you have 8 devices...it doesn't make a difference. But only 4 at a time can be connected to the service. So if you have a family of 5 only 4 of you could be logged on together at 1x. And it appears MSC plan is just the amount of Data used sensitive. For example...When I recently purchased a Internet Plan on Carnival..... only 1 device could be connected at a time...if I signed out my wife could use or I would be prompted there was another device signed on and do I wish to "boot it off"

I'll be on the Seaside 3/24 and can check. My take is....if you have 8 devices...it doesn't make a difference. But only 4 at a time can be connected to the service. So if you have a family of 5 only 4 of you could be logged on together at 1x. And it appears MSC plan is just the amount of Data used sensitive

I would appreciate that! I’m thinking the same thing unless MSC uses the device MAC address during registration. It’ll definitely save me some money if it can work like that as I don’t see us using more than 3GB for the week.

We sailed last week and had the Surfer (middle) package as a booking promo. IIRC- that package was $44.90 if pre-purchased, but cost $89 or maybe it was $99 (sorry can't recall the exact price) if purchased once on board. On the plus side- it's good for 2 devices, had full internet access and came with 3000 MB of data. We used just under 2000 MB for the week for 2 of us

If you want the streamer package, I highly suggest you buy at the pre-cruise price of $79.90. If you wait to buy after boarding, you will spend $143. On the plus side- you have access to 6000 MB of data over 4 devices

Thank you

I would appreciate that! I’m thinking the same thing unless MSC uses the device MAC address during registration. It’ll definitely save me some money if it can work like that as I don’t see us using more than 3GB for the week.

As a matter of fact we will likely be purchasing the basic plan (2 devices)..... I will have 3 devices with me...so if it works for us, the same scenario should apply if you get the premium (4 devices) with your extra devices.

In response to having multiple devices and logging out so another device can use the plan :

We had 3 people in our cabin with the 2 device plan. After we registered the first 2 phones we tried to log on with the 3rd person's phone. It would not allow us to register the 3rd phone without buying a separate package which we declined to do. On the plus side - both registered devices were allowed to use internet at the same time without logging one off first

In response to having multiple devices and logging out so another device can use the plan :

We had 3 people in our cabin with the 2 device plan. After we registered the first 2 phones we tried to log on with the 3rd person's phone. It would not allow us to register the 3rd phone without buying a separate package which we declined to do. On the plus side - both registered devices were allowed to use internet at the same time without logging one off first

Takes care of that....LOL Thanks!!

Super helpful, thanks! :)