Pennies from Heaven?

josephsschmoe

The last time I looked (2016), the wine allowance was two 750ml bottles per cabin.

Now the guidance just says "two wine bottles per cabin" so 1.5l containers are now permitted.

Anyone know when the modification was issued?

Not to rain on your parade, but I wouldn't read it that way. I would want something in writing from X. They could just as easily say it's still 750ml bottles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

From the "View more Pre-Cruise FAQ" page under the "Help and FAQ's" tab.

Q.

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

A. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

You are citing old verbiage. This is the current wording available at this address:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per stateroom. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

So..before the rain begins...

What's going on?

I copied and pasted that verbage directly from the celebrity website yesterday so it's still current. In reference to your question as to what's going on, it's typical conflicting information that they publish on their website. As with many things, if you look in enough different places you will find completely different answers.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

You are citing old verbiage. This is the current wording available at this address:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per stateroom. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

So..before the rain begins...

What's going on?

Yes, before it rains as you try to embark with any size larger than 750ml bottles of wine each, it will be a moot point what the website says, the standard policy is 750ml and nothing larger.

bon voyage

I watched a couple have their single bottle larger than the 750ml confiscated at security in the POM in February. There are signs with pictures highlighting 750ml at the table. Before you ask, I was “donating” my power strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums