Purchasing water when going ashore?

Hi all. We have not cruised Royal in about 8 years, and will be sailing Liberty shortly with deluxe and refreshment beverage packages. When we sailed Celebrity and MSC with the drink package, we were able to purchase bottles of water as we left the ship for the day, and were often able to choose between the smaller (around 16oz) bottles and the larger (liter?) bottles.

Can anyone tell me what we will be able to purchase with our beverage packages as we leave the ship? Can we get the larger bottles? If not, can we purchase multiple bottles? On Celebrity and MSC, we were able to purchase as many bottles as we liked (within reason) to take ashore on our excursions.

Thank you!

Certainly you may buy water on the ship to take ashore...or bring a refillable bottle and fill it before you leave. Although, all the ports have beverages, should you get thirsty!

Unless we are going someplace away from any civilization, we will just get a drink if and when we need it!

Certainly you may buy water on the ship to take ashore...or bring a refillable bottle and fill it before you leave. Although, all the ports have beverages, should you get thirsty!

Unless we are going someplace away from any civilization, we will just get a drink if and when we need it!

Thanks for the info. We do know that we can purchase water and other drinks when we're on land. However, we find it convenient to have some on hand in case DD (8) gets thirsty while we're in transit or just not able to easily grab a drink for her while on a tour. We also enjoy the convenience of being able to grab a few bottles as we leave the ship, rather than having to worry about pre-purchasing/planning in advance.

If you have the drink package (either Refresh or Deluxe) you can get a bottle of water the night before without charge, put it in your fridge and take it with you the next mornig. However, I always get a bottled soda or water to drink while in the port. They're less expensive than on the ship and I get it when I'm thirsty. It's ice cold and I don't have to haul it around or keep up with it.

with the drink packages, officially one bottle ( standard) per person as you depart the ship( if they do set up a table with bottled water.. it is not always an option) not the larger bottles

you will be charged for each Larger bottle you request at the normal rate.

most people just collect unopened bottles throughout the day and stash them in their cabin. and unless you are taking a very early excursion, chances are there will be a store of some sort within steps of the pier to buy it at a better rate than on board.

Thanks for all of the responses. Looks like Royal is not quite as flexible or reliable as what we are used to, so we'll be doing as suggested and stocking up so that we can just pack a few bottles in our bags to take off the ship with us.