Towels for pools and for beaches?

KonaDanO

On the Adventure of the Seas there were 2 towels in the cabin for use on the beaches. You could also pick up additional towels at poolside. One note, The towels in your room are counted and if you do not leave as many towels in the room when you leave, you could find yourself getting charged ( There was a note to that effect in information binder in the room ).

Different cruise lines have different towell policies. HAL has loads of pool towells around the pools and when you go off ship uses different towells that are given to you as you depart. X ships have almost the same policy. Princess is the worse! One towell on you bed for the day. Yeah, yeah, yeah see the room steward and get another towell. NOT AFTER YOU COME OFF THE BEACH AND WANT TO THEN GO TO THE POOL. Steward on his break at that time! RCCL is almost as bad as princess.

TIP, on Princess and RCCL, tip you room steward in advance and then ask for a few extra towells.

I know you asked about RCCL, but for anybody interested in Carnival:

There are towels and and attendant on deck for use at the pools. You return the towels to the attendant before leaving the pool decks.

There are towels in the cabins for use in port. These towels should be returned to your cabin, and the steward will bring fresh ones for the next port. Should you lose your towel, or it is stolen while in port (or if you decide to take it on deck), your account will be charged $22.

For this reason, I take my own thin beach towels ($4), and if they're lost, no major problem. Besides, it's much easier to take my own in port, as they fit easily into my tote bag. The ship's towels are very large and heavy to carry around.:)

Archived