Family of 4. Family harbor?

htowncruiser

hopefully it's ok if I tack another couple of family harbor questions to this thread so I don't need to waste starting a new topic...we are looking at family harbor for a 2020 cruise.  I have never cruised below deck 6.   stupid question but, is there a vast difference in the feeling of being on deck 2 vs. 6 or7, AND.....aft balcony, if we snag one of these, is there any privacy at all? or just anyone can look down and see you back there?

Congratulations on getting the balcony. We have to have a balcony. The rooms might be similar size but the balcony just makes it feel larger and makes it so much easier with 4 people getting ready at the same time.

Can I offer some advice? Make sure the kids go to kids club on the first night to meet friends. Its the easiest night because everyone is looking for their group.

Our family of 5 (kids ages 15, 12, 6) were on Vista last week in room 2467 which was an exterior room with a window (no balcony). We were pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out, as we'd been debating the extra cost of two adjoining rooms instead. The lounge was great as extended living space for the kids to hang out while we were getting ready or just needed more elbow room. It was never crowded, and that was NYE week. When the 6 year old got hungry at random times it was so nice to have that food there rather than having to go all the way to Lido. If I could change one thing, I really wish they could have a toilet in the second bathroom, but otherwise it worked great.

We chose to not pay more for a balcony, since the balconies are so small we figured it best to go hang out at some deck space rather than stack kids on top of each other. When my husband and I cruise again later this year (on another line) we are splurging on a balcony. But with kids, we didn't miss it.

Also -- no noise issues whatsoever from the galley above. We did have a good bit of engine vibration from down below, but nothing that kept anyone from sleeping. It wasn't even really noise -- just the feeling of vibration at times.

Edited by familycruise41
clarity

• 3 months later...