LIVE LIVE LIVE from the Sovereign of the Seas

Merion_Mom

Hi Carol...

Is it one of the high schools? I can think of 2 high schools, one Catholic, one public... I'll check their websites.

Sorry for the delay responding. I woke up New Years Day with a sore throat and body aches. Quite a way to start the new year, huh!!

Carol...It sounds like you are having a fabulous time onboard ! But PLEASE dont forget to post some pics of the Ship ( and You ! )

Great passengers make a Great cruise ! I bet that this has been one Great cruise !

Radio

;) ;)

Dont forget to tune into "LIVE" from Jewel of the Seas ! ! with Radio :)

January 8, 2006

Sounds like your time ashore is as good as aboard!! OK everyone, you all know the tune...........we need to sing............"It sounds like CAROL IS IN LOVE!!!:D :D " Oh, my, she's headed off, walking, walking, walking, walking, for another secluded spot...........onboard!!:D We love ya, keep up the good work!!

Rick

Carol.............I'm sure that you have many friends in Merion, PA that stick up for you in any decision that you make in life: but wanted you to know that you have one friend here on CC (and a ton behind me) that believes in what you are feeling right now. God Bless and keep it up.

My love and I met on the Pacific Princess (Love Boat) in 1996, and will celebrate our 10Th anniversary in December of 2006. That's why I thought it would be fun to cruise with you next New Years eve.

My heart is with you!

Rick

This thread is hilarious and I mean it!!!!!! Just stumbled upon it tonight since I booked the Sovereign last night FOR THIS COMING SUNDAY! We just went December 5th for our 2nd time on Sovereign and it's my favorite hands down! Had a Grand Suite then, Booked Oceanview Guarantee this time but hoping for a sweet upgrade.

Have to definately concur about Johnny O! HO-HUM!!!!! Never see him around the ship (which I did notice) and I'm not a big Cruise Director notice-er (Is that a word)? Normally....:)

Thanks Ms. Merion Mom for helping to keep me entertained and sane this week while I wait to leave!!!!! I'll be reading!

Carol, Carol, Carol,

OK, we know you are having a wonderful B2B cruise. We know you love the food. We know you love your cabin. We know there is hardly a whiff of a bad smell on board....but... with regard to your walk on the secluded part of the beach, we want DETAILS and we want them NOW!! LOL LOL Hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve blast.

Wog' date=' Wog, Wog... I seem to remember Carol stating she was great at Black Jack... my question is, did she participate in the Black Jack tourney??

*grin* ;)[/quote']

hehehe I got nuthin'... must wait for report!!!!! :D

You know, I really had to fight the temptation to walk to the Purser's Desk and ask how full this next cruise is.......................

But I left. Damn it. The worst part is that the trip home was HORRENDOUS. We stayed up most of the night, so I got very little sleep. With Platinum status, we got Beige 1 tags, which allowed us to be in the first group to leave, but that first announcement came at 7 a.m.!! The kids were nowhere near ready to go (fortunately for me!), so we left around 8:40. By 9 we were in our hired SUV, with our GREAT driver, Ed Korgan, taking us to the Orlando Airport. We arrived at 9:40. The security line was INCREDIBLY long, but it moved pretty fast. Then we went to our Gate.

All flights on the displays read "on time" except for OURS. It said, "delayed." Hmmmmmm.........Why? CSR said bad weather in Philly had things very very very backed up. Truer words were never spoken.

We knew that we'd be getting to the airport early for our 2:15 flight, but the next earlier one was 9:55, and I had no way of knowing that we could have easily made that one.

WE SAT IN THAT %$^#%^#% airport until 4:30, when we began to board. After all had boarded (full flight), and started to taxi, suddenly the pilot slowed down and we STOPPED. Philadelphia HADN'T given assurance that they would be ready for us, and we sat for another FORTY MINUTES on the runway in Florida!

Finally, we took off around 5:40. Flew to Philly. THEN the pilot announces that there ISN'T room for us, and we circle for ten, twenty, thirty minutes. FINALLY, we descend, and touch down. Major applause. Led by a certain troublemaker. :D But then David noticed that we were sitting in the middle of a runway, NOT taxiing to the terminal. We sat there for ANOTHER 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took a LONG time to get our luggage. Some of Beth's friends were sweet enough to come and pick us up at the airport, and we were in the house just after 10 P.M.

So, to recap:

Wakeup call at 6:40 a.m. Home in suburban Philadelphia at 10:05 p.m.

The day started badly and just got worse. :( :( :(

rabelgirls and Sharon - I'm sorry, but you're going to miss "my guy." This current 3-day is his last on the Sovereign for right now, then he'll be on the Monarch for a couple of weeks. Then it's back to the Sovereign later, but after you guys have cruised.

Ok, about that deserted beach....................well, there's no such thing as total privacy on CoCoCay. SOME idiot always comes wandering by. :(

Let me know if anyone else is going on the Sovereign soon, but not that soon.........I'll give you a job to do! ;)

You know, I really had to fight the temptation to walk to the Purser's Desk and ask how full this next cruise is.......................

So, to recap:

Wakeup call at 6:40 a.m. Home in suburban Philadelphia at 10:05 p.m.

The day started badly and just got worse. :( :( :(

Carol, glad you made it home safely. Sorry about the bad travel day. That sounds only marginally better than the travel time for me from my January cruise (up at 6:30 home at midnight), but at least most of my "extra" time was spent waiting in a bar not on a runway.

How long will he be on the Monarch? She goes into drydock, I believe on January 13 for about 12 days, and starts cruising again on the 27th. My DW and I will be aboard for the first weekend in March and the week following on a B2B. When does your piano man head back to the Sovereign?

What a lousy way to end a vacation............being held up at an airport is never any fun. At least you are safely home.

Thanks for the great dialog. You kept a smile on this face.:D

Rick

How long will he be on the Monarch? She goes into drydock, I believe on January 13 for about 12 days, and starts cruising again on the 27th. My DW and I will be aboard for the first weekend in March and the week following on a B2B. When does your piano man head back to the Sovereign?

Rick

Let me calculate this out. He's on the Sovereign now until Friday.....then two days in Reno.....then to the Monarch until the drydock. He said that that's from the 16th to the 26th. I *think* that he said (damn this downwardly-spiralling memory of mine!) that he returns to the Sovereign then. He's not sure of his schedule in March yet. But I'll let you know if your cruise coincides with his schedule, Rick!!!!! ;) ;)

Carol, Carol, Carol,

OK, we know you are having a wonderful B2B cruise. We know you love the food. We know you love your cabin. We know there is hardly a whiff of a bad smell on board....but... with regard to your walk on the secluded part of the beach, we want DETAILS and we want them NOW!! LOL LOL Hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve blast.

Oh, Bonnie, just to blend this thread with the one on the Floataway Lounge where we both post.......

He thought my saying "oy" all the time was so cute! ;)

Archived