Ncl getaway november 25, 2018 g&l roll call

samshltn

Hi y'all, here's a pic of me and my husband. We're celebrating our 12th year together on this cruise. Um, we're into geeky stuff (comics, anime, sci-fi, etc), we'll be in Miami that Sat night, totally ready for this cruise! Looking forward to meeting everyone. 

Michael and Aaron

amjn02.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

We are staying in South Beach at Fairwind Hotel on Collins Ave.    

dave and lorenzo

We are staying by Miami airport at Embassy Suites. We all should meet some place on Sat in South Beach as I want to take my partner to the South Beach area. Some great bars! My reg email is dennisreece@cox.net 

Dennis, I am not very knowledgeable of South Beach other than where we are staying at 1000 Collins Ave.   But I believe we are in walking distance of everything.    And I believe there is a cuban restaurant/bar in our hotel.    It would definitely be fun to meet up.

https://www.fairwindhotelmiami.com/about-us.htm

Just now, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

Dennis, I am not very knowledgeable of South Beach other than where we are staying at 1000 Collins Ave.   But I believe we are in walking distance of everything.    And I believe there is a cuban restaurant/bar in our hotel.    It would definitely be fun to meet up.

https://www.fairwindhotelmiami.com/about-us.htm

Then we should make it happen.........Time is all that is needed for everyone to meet up. YIPPEE

eh NO!   I am not buying another outfit for this cruise!!!!

i believe our travel plans are coming together.    We have several things to do on Friday after thx'giving including beard trim and color, taking our big boxer to the guy who is watching him for us.    Goal is to leave by noon and arrive Friday night around midnight.

dave

48 minutes ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

eh NO!   I am not buying another outfit for this cruise!!!!

i believe our travel plans are coming together.    We have several things to do on Friday after thx'giving including beard trim and color, taking our big boxer to the guy who is watching him for us.    Goal is to leave by noon and arrive Friday night around midnight.

dave

LOL. I like your facial hair in its natural color. The problem with coloring is the white shadow that shows up in a few days. You are cute without any beard coloring. We are spending Saturday night in Hollywood, otherwise, we would meet you for a drink in Miami. I'm glad there are more Tennessee guys on this cruise too. I think it will be a great time for all of us.

Some of you may have seen this picture on Facebook, but we are Gregg and Joe from Chattanooga, Tennessee. This picture is from the glow party on our last cruise on the Getaway. We will reprise the devil horns for this cruise, lol. Remember to bring glow items for the Glow party, which took the place of the NCL White party a few years ago.

getaway-devils.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, U4icmusic said:

LOL. I like your facial hair in its natural color. The problem with coloring is the white shadow that shows up in a few days. You are cute without any beard coloring. We are spending Saturday night in Hollywood, otherwise, we would meet you for a drink in Miami. I'm glad there are more Tennessee guys on this cruise too. I think it will be a great time for all of us.

Its just something i always do for a cruise......and yes, the grey will be back very shortly afterward the first of the year.

dave

18 hours ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

yeah, i know its still aways out.......Miami weather forecast for Sunday, NOV 25.......sunny and 85!!!   I think we can all agree we are ready for that!!!

dave

Nothing wrong with being optimistic. Rainy season is over, so we should be good. I've never had a sail away party out of Miami when it was raining, so I'm sure we will be fine.

Any of you in Miami that have time, you should head over to Haulover Beach. It's a nude beach with a huge gay section. You would have to Uber or Lyft there, as it's further north, but worth the trip, especially on Saturdays. It will be packed.

1 hour ago, ImAFriendofDorothy said:

J.R. what part of Michigan are you from? I grew up in Roseville and owned houses in Redford and Livonia in my younger days.

10 hours ago, U4icmusic said:

Any of you in Miami that have time, you should head over to Haulover Beach. It's a nude beach with a huge gay section. You would have to Uber or Lyft there, as it's further north, but worth the trip, especially on Saturdays. It will be packed.

Yes, I agree, a lot of fun.   Have been there twice.

dave

8 minutes ago, ImAFriendofDorothy said:

I think I posted this to the general g/l roll call by accident.  Two Questions

1) Does anybody know if any activity happens in the men's locker room with the spa package?  I took an NCL transatlantic a few years ago and it was very active because of a couple saunas in the locker room.

2) Does anybody know of good farmacias at either of our Mexico stops?

There is a great (cheap) pharmacy across the street from one of the cruise terminals in Cozumel. It depends on which dock we tie up to as to which way to walk. They are all over Cozumel and some in Costa Maya. The further away from the ship, the lower the prices. They will charge you more if you use a credit card too.