Internet packages: Which one to choose?

psygist

• 1 month later...

I am having a hard time understanding the difference between our 2 internet options on the Coral. My husband unfortunately may have to do some work. So he will be using a laptop, phone, and possibly iPad. I will only have my phone that I would like internet access on. My son would also like internet access on his phone. Does my husband need to purchase the multi-device package since he will be using more than one device? I called Princess, but received no help other than, yes, your husband needs his own package.

2133289851_ScreenShot2019-07-20at5_36_33PM.thumb.jpeg.1b67595a36dc41c1689cc970cd3f2686.jpeg

29 minutes ago, comet87 said:

I am having a hard time understanding the difference between our 2 internet options on the Coral. My husband unfortunately may have to do some work. So he will be using a laptop, phone, and possibly iPad. I will only have my phone that I would like internet access on. My son would also like internet access on his phone. Does my husband need to purchase the multi-device package since he will be using more than one device? I called Princess, but received no help other than, yes, your husband needs his own package.

2133289851_ScreenShot2019-07-20at5_36_33PM.thumb.jpeg.1b67595a36dc41c1689cc970cd3f2686.jpeg

The difference between the two options is how many devices can be logged onto the ship's WiFi at the same time.   You could bring 20 devices aboard and use use them all, but would have to sign the prior one off, then use the same ID and password to log on the next.

On Regal a few months ago, I bought the "single device" flavor to use with both a tablet and a smartphone.  If the other was still logged on, I'd get a message to that effect and a question whether I wanted to force-disconnect the other and proceed to log on this one.

Worked fine until we left the Azores and out of MEO satellite range.

3 minutes ago, comet87 said:

So what does the "4 devices per day" mean then? Are you saying that all 4 can't be logged in at the same time?

Nope.  Plain English.   Four-at-a-time instead of one-at-a-time on the other plan.