Got a good deal....

Drumbum1977

One thing is for sure...it will beat anything that you can rent on the trip.

Body Glove is a "generic" maker of snorkel gear. That being said, if you are only going snorkeling a couple of times per year, the equipment will last quite a while.

FYI - Get some tooth paste and rub it in the mask to take the production resins off the inside...otherwise the mask will fog constantly.

To keep it from fogging on the snorkel, there are some commercially available antifogs for 5-7 USD, but IMHO the best is still the old fashiond "spit in mask, rub in, rinse in fresh water." It has never failed me where the antifogs have sometimes.

Hey everyone, I think my wife and I got a good deal at Costco for snorkle gear. A pair of filppers, goggles, a locking mouthpiece (so water can't get in) and a carry bag for $59 CDN. Can't wait to try these out in April on the Dawn!

I think I bought that exact set. I've used it twice (we didn't take the flippers the second time...too bulky to pack). I don't love it - the snorkel itself isn't a good fit. It always feels like it is in backwards. I can't remember having problems with the mask. It's a cheap set so I didn't have any expectations.

My husband and I have our own gear, but are debating if we should bring it. We are on the Grand in March. First time. We are stopping at Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. Just wondering if it is worth packing it.

Thanks.

My husband and I have our own gear, but are debating if we should bring it. We are on the Grand in March. First time. We are stopping at Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya. Just wondering if it is worth packing it.

Thanks.

As divers that pack all our gear except weights and tanks, I would still highly reccomend that you pack you own snorkel gear.

You know it is clean

You know it fits

You know it is in good working order

The difference between having the above things and getting cruddy rental gear can make a great snorkel site suck or make a fair site fun.

Archived