Do luggage tags need to be printed in color?

Cruisinmsk

I agree with all the above posters. That said, I always print the tags in color. I think the color tags make it easier to identify/sort and therefore reduces the risk of my suitcase being misplaced. That's just mho, I have zero actual knowledge to support that theory! :D

I DO have actual knowledge. On one of our cruises (Freedom I think) we noticed an extra item of luggage at our door when we got back to the room after muster drill. It actually belonged to the cabin directly above us, and sure 'nuff, the tag had been printed in black & white.

Sure, B&W or greyscale printing is acceptable, but if at all possible I'd recommend printing in color.

If ink consumption is an issue you can always print your "backup" tags in B&W -- those should go inside your checked luggage so that if your luggage gets mislaid or the outside tags get ripped off, Guest Services can still get your luggage to you.

The OP did not say they don't have color printer. Are there any B&W ptinters?

At my work, dozens of them. They are high-speed laser printers or Canon multifunction copier/printers. They print a lot "crisper" than any ol' inkjet printer and I use them to print my other cruise documents (insurance info, cruise contract and itinerary, backup luggage tags)...but our boarding passes and "main" luggage tags are done at home on the color inkjet. Grudgingly, since color ink costs more than just about any other liquid on EARTH, but..... :)

As noted above, most lazer printers are black/white, and most dot matrix printers are color. They practically give the printers away, because they know that you're gonna have to purchase the EXPENSIVE ink cartridges, and that's where the profit is.

The new color printers come with a bare minimum amount of ink in the cartridges.

As noted above, most lazer printers are black/white, and most dot matrix printers are color. They practically give the printers away, because they know that you're gonna have to purchase the EXPENSIVE ink cartridges, and that's where the profit is.

The new color printers come with a bare minimum amount of ink in the cartridges.

"Dot matrix"? Seriously?

Dot matrix printers don't use ink cartridges, they use ribbons.