Eastern or Western

lucygoosey

Alright, I'll go first....

I personally prefer the Western because it has always been a smoother ride.

Although, if it means, staying home or going on a cruise, I wouldn't care E or W...cuz each are fun!! You should definitely try both as you can!

I prefer the Eastern because it gives a better flavor or the Caribbean culture. Whenever I do a western, I just don't get that feeling. It's more like being in Mexico or Florida.

St. Maartin is my favorite port and that is an Eastern cruise.

Each have their own advantages. Eastern Caribbean, I think, has more choices in shopping than Western, especially with jewelry and electronics. It's also been my experience that the prices are better in the east than in the west. I've been to the Western Caribbean twice and to the Eastern Caribbean 5 times and am going east again on January 22. I prefer the Eastern over the Western by far. Then again, if you like exploring ancient ruins, etc., west is the direction to go.

I like Eastern for shopping (St. Thomas!!!!!!) and West for snorkling (Caymans!!!). I like the southern Caribbean only because it seems to be less crowded down that way. But overall I like the Cayman Islands for cleanliness, friendly people and beauty. But that's just MHO.

We prefer the Western for exactly the same reasons. Better Snorkelling!

Linda

P.S. I am also a Manitoba Girl! :D

hey so is a fella named Cruise newbie..where in Manitoba are you from?

We got posted with the military to Edmonton in Aug05 and I absolutely hate it here!!This is too cool there is alot of people that are or were from Winnipeg or the surrounding areas..I love this considering I am missing Manitoba so much.We really are friendly are we?

While I like them both; I'd have to say my preference is the Eastern route. The islands IMHO are more tropical and the people are very friendly. The beaches are more peaceful. But I wouldn't turn down a trip to the Western Caribbean if I was offerred one.:D

Archived