Barrymore Tampa Riverwalk

sbfanatic

you can find my review on Trip Advisor .... it has been less than a year I think

We used this place for a weekend getaway after dw 'won' a 2 nite stay in a silent auction.

It is an older property that's been recently remodeled - I believe it was a Howard Johnson at first (comes up as HoJo on Googe Earth) - because of the age the rooms are nice but 'small' as compared to a 'new build' ... especially the bath. But the room was clean and we had only one complaint ... it took a while for hot water to reach us. We called maintenance and a guy was in the room within minutes .... and after letting the water run for what seemed like a LONG time, we never again had a hot water problem. (meaning our room, WAY UP, may not have been used in a while and the pipes needed purging). They responded FAST

but I digress ......

As I said the room was clean and quiet and had a nice view of the river. We did not try the rest' in the hotel or the bar. Parking is all outside. Hotel is across the street from the art center where 'broadway shows and concerts' happen. If a show is happening the parking can fill with theater folks and roads busy at arrival and depart time for the shows.

Hotel is right on Riverwalk and we found Riverwalk to be a perfectly safe place to walk day or night. There is a water taxi that runs alongside Riverwalk so you can walk one way and wt back. There are also 'rental bicycles' available via kiosks that take cards ....

It IS at the northern end of Riverwalk so a ways from the port (1.2 miles straight line) and Columbia Cafe and I would not say that Riverwalk is bursting with entertainment spots along the way .... but if the price was right I'd stay again. It was a decent room.

It is also inside the zone for FREE downtown transportation:

https://www.tampasdowntown.com/getting-around/free-ride-service/

service-area.png

Edited by Capt_BJ