Liberty - soaps & stuff

JGORD7

Yet another silly question but do all the ships provide body wash & shampoo in the bathrooms? If so, is it generic or is it actually good? I am on the Carnival Liberty in April. TIA

Also, do they provide beach towels or should I still bring my own?

Thanks for the replies! Thinking of trying to minimize my packing so I keep room to bring some stuff home. Do you have to keep track of the beach towels in your room? What if someone takes it from pool area or something? Do you bring your own? Are they nice big beach towels? I know silly questions, right..lol this is only my 2nd cruise & don't remember much of 1st one...

Regarding towels: yes, keep track of your beach towel from your room, otherwise you'll have to pay for it. I've never had one stolen from the pool area, but I'm almost always with it. Some people use them to "reserve" a sun lounger, these could be taken by the staff or other cruisers. If the staff takes them you can get them back, otherwise you'll pay.

They are pretty large towels and rather nice. You can get extras at the pool area and serenity deck, you sign them out and return them to the same station.

I suspect that if you make friends with the towel shack stewards, or your room steward, they can "find" a lost towel for you so you don't have to pay.

The beach towels can be purchased from Carnival so you can see them on line. They are great for on the ship, but big, bulky and get heavy after a swim, so they take up a lot of space if you take them ashore. This past trip we tried one of the lightweight travel towels and my DH preferred that when going ashore.

Once they are dirty, just drop them on the bathroom floor. If you ask for twice daily cleaning, they will change them out while you are at dinner.

We bought thin microfiber beach towels to take off the ship instead of the ship provided ones. After everyone complaining about dragging their wet 100lb towel back to the ship once, we made the switch. I swear they weigh at least 20lbs when they get wet. The microfiber towels fold up very small and dry in no time. We use the cabin towels all over the ship tho.

Yet another silly question but do all the ships provide body wash & shampoo in the bathrooms? If so, is it generic or is it actually good? I am on the Carnival Liberty in April. TIA

Also, do they provide beach towels or should I still bring my own?

Yes, there are dispensers in the shower for body wash and shampoo. They're okay, but not great. The body wash is a bit thin for my liking. It takes a lot to get some decent soap suds. However, it's good enough if you need to wash out some things (socks, undies) by hand, or if you need to wash your tumbler or coffee mug. The shampoo is okay, but as realtrip pointed out, there's no conditioner. Beach towels are provided, so no need to bring your own.