Ruby or Star? Planning Mexican Riviera in October.

Yorkies Rule

Have done this cruise on the Ruby and loved it. However, the Star does the same itinerary and would appreciate any opinions on which ship is the "nicest". Thanks everyone.

We did Mexican Riviera on the Ruby and loved it. Went on the Star for 2 cruises and it is great as well. Do the one with the dates and price you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a very hard decision for my husband and me. My husband's favorite ship is the Star (he loves the promenade) and the Ruby is my favorite ship. You really can't go wrong on either. I did feel the Ruby felt more crowded but we were sailing full and the Star was a cold weather repositioning short cruise so maybe not comparing apples to apples.

Hi,

I have cruised on both ships fairly recently: Ruby in November 2015 and Star in January 2017. Both ships are nice and have their own advantages. Star carries fewer passengers and has an enclosed pool. Ruby carries more passengers but I prefer the design of its lobby. Also, Ruby's aft decks are more open and not under the shadow of Skywalkers. Both ships are a good choice.

Chuck

• 2 months later...

Been on both, I'd say Star Princess because I like the covered terrace pool in the back of the ship because of sky walkers. Ruby is newer and has more passengers, but not more public area space. This means that the public areas are more crowded.