anyone with photo of shared balcony?

avalon1025

There is one picture of my wife on our shared balcony while in the Med. Here is the link to the webshots picture and it is on the third page. It is not a promenade. The reason it does not have dividers or furniture, is because it is the access route for some of the lifeboats on deck 5. We still brought the chairs out of our room and would sit out. It is also nice not having any impeded view. You just lose the privacy, but we found very few people to ever be out there. http://community.webshots.com/album/354632622rNoSMI

Hope this helps.

Thanks you! The photo was perfect. I am going to go for the shared baclony so I can use it to watch the ship come in and out or ports. For privacy I assume they have the sheer curtain like on the Cloud and Wind so you can get some privacy and light.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like comments vis a vis balcony vs. none. We've been cruising since-I-won't-even-say-how-long and have never opted for a balcony. In the dark ages, of course, they weren't available but since they have been available we've still travelled w/o one. Reasons (in no particular order): a) Price (always cheaper); b) never had one so never missed one (old thinking, I know), and c) mainly, I think, because one of the main objects of a cruise (for us) is to meet interesting people. That you do on deck, not in your room/on your balcony. However, on a larger ship, you will get a lot of people w/o a balcony so they will hang out on deck or in public rooms. On SS, are we going to be the only ones floating about upstairs?

You won't be the only ones upstairs (though some people do seem to live in their cabins, rarely venturing out, since there's no need...)

We always get a balcony if we can: being able to sniff the air and gauge the weather first hand in the morning; there's nothing as relaxing as the sound of the sea with the door open; and though we don't sit out on the balcony for hours on end, you know that you could if you wanted to!

A balcony is a must.

Except on certain voyages where you get to see some less that desireable sights: A functioning junk transfer station, stacked containers, the side of a warehouse when you're tied up at the bulkhead.

On the plus side... fabulous views when at sea or entering and leaving port.

One SS cruise and we're spoiled. A balcony/veranda or nothing! :D

Archived