Seaside Internet Connections Confusion. is it fixed?

renysmom

For those who have gotten off Seaside in the past few weeks and purchased the new internet packages has the confusion over devices been straightened out?

When the new packages came out they were setting the accounts up so that only 2 or 4 devices (depending on what you bought) would connect period for the entire cruise when it was suppose to be 2 or 4 devices connected at one time.

Our TA spoke with a high-up person at MSC sales and has confirm the 2/4 meant connections at one time not devices for length of cruise. We have purchased the 2 device connection option but I will be turning off phone at some point to connect laptop. I really don't feel like having to argue with CS or make our TA (who is traveling with us) take time away from her cruise to argue with them.

We just got off the Seaside yesterday and had all 4 phones connected at the same time.

We used it to contact our daughters.

Just a few tips.

And we aren't techies so please forgive my mistakes.

1- Make sure you turn off anything that can consume megabytes, like Icloud or updates.

My wife forgot to turn her internet for 4 hours and it used 3500 megabytes.

I would turn on my internet and it would use about 25-30mg per minutes.

2- Be careful if you purchase additional megabytes. If you have any remaining megabytes left it will erase and not credit you for them.

Example: I had 2000 megabytes left in my package and received a notice that i could buy 6000 mb for $41.00.

I decided to purchase thinking it would add my remaining 2000mg to the 600mg I was purchasing for a total of 8000mg.

WRONG it erased my remaining 2000mg and just credit the 6000mg i purchased.

Spoke with the IT Department and they said "Sorry you should have read the disclosure, is in it"

Just some friendly advice

Isai

isai, thanks for letting us know about the erasure of remaining data. This is something I would not expect and would have done the same as I use a lot of data. Thanks again for the clarification, who has time to read the terms/conditions! Also, 41usd for 6000 more is not bad!