Booking Caribbean flight seats

gailjen

We are flying out to Barbados on TUI then back with Thomas Cook, just a few questions

Do both journeys become available to book seats at 14 weeks. Or do I have to wait a further 2 weeks to book return?

Read about higher grades being able to book earlier, what is this grade?

Is there a difference in cost for seats between TUI & Thomas Cook?

How do people cope booking seats when they have 5 cabins all on separate booking references 🙄

You should be able to book both out and return seats at the same time. Usually available to book from midnight so if you want certain seats be sure to get on line early. The higher grades get to book one or two days before the seats are available for the rest of us. I’ve personally not find that an issue and I’ve not found many seats booked in the economy section.

I had to book plane seats for us and another couple (they were on holiday abroad when the seats were released), and although I tried via TA and P&O, there was no way they said they could let me book all 4 seats together. So I had to log in first with our cruise ref, book our seats, then log in again with our friends ref, and book the seats next to us. So from this experience, you may have to either all be on the phone to each other while you’re online booking flight seats, or maybe you could do them all, one booking after another. You could ask P&O but I expect you’ll get the same answer I did, which is that it can’t be done at the one time.

It’s also worth looking online a few days before the 14 week deadline, as our came out a couple of days before they were due out, and it was only me logging in and checking, that I discovered this. Other times they’ve come out bang on 14 weeks.

I don’t think there will be a difference in cost for seats between the TUI & TC as P&O seem to set the cost for these flights.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.................I don’t think there will be a difference in cost for seats between the TUI & TC as P&O seem to set the cost for these flights.

Hope this helps.

There is one abnormality. TUI front row seats 1A/1C/1G/1H are not classed as Emergency Exit and cost £25 to reserve whilst on TC flights the same seats are £60 as they are classed an Emergency Exit row even though the exit is the other side of the bulkhead. Illogical but true !

There is one abnormality. TUI front row seats 1A/1C/1G/1H are not classed as Emergency Exit and cost £25 to reserve whilst on TC flights the same seats are £60 as they are classed an Emergency Exit row even though the exit is the other side of the bulkhead. Illogical but true !

I concur. We have found this to our cost. Makes you wonder what exactly constitutes an Emergency Exit row??