? For Canadian cruisers

hockeyluver

We have been on many cruises with Carnival and I just booked #20 BUT the first one I have ever booked in Canadian Funds (I didnt know you could until the Carnival agent I spoke with asked... ). Does anyone know how I go about checking for price drops ? Would I just do a mock booking and then use a currency converter to check? Also if I make payments online will they automatically be in Canadian or would it be better to call to make the payments ? Thanks for any help.

I had no idea you could book in Canadian dollars right through carnival. I have booked in Canadian funds when booking through a travel agent though.

I’m not sure about how it would work through carnival but when I’ve booked through an agent, when I wanted to check on price drops it would be repriced at the current Canadian price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm afraid I can't answer this question, however, I will ask this:

Do you know what conversion rate they used when quoting you the price in Canadian dollars?

The reason I ask this is because we have a pretty rotten exchange right now. (Not the worst I've ever seen, but certainly not nice) I am wondering if booking in Canadian dollars makes sense right now. You have now locked in the price at a pretty high rate if they used current rates. If the rate comes down, and you had booked in US dollars you would be able to make a payment at a lower rate then?

Now, of course no one can predict what's going to happen to the dollar in the near or distant future. But, given it's hovering at $1.31-$1.35 these days, I might consider booking it in US dollars to hedge my bets.

Also knowing the rate they used will help you determine the price adjustments in the future.

Whatever happens, good luck with your price adjustments and have a wonderful cruise!!

I'm afraid I can't answer this question, however, I will ask this:

Do you know what conversion rate they used when quoting you the price in Canadian dollars?

The reason I ask this is because we have a pretty rotten exchange right now. (Not the worst I've ever seen, but certainly not nice) I am wondering if booking in Canadian dollars makes sense right now. You have now locked in the price at a pretty high rate if they used current rates. If the rate comes down, and you had booked in US dollars you would be able to make a payment at a lower rate then?

Now, of course no one can predict what's going to happen to the dollar in the near or distant future. But, given it's hovering at $1.31-$1.35 these days, I might consider booking it in US dollars to hedge my bets.

Also knowing the rate they used will help you determine the price adjustments in the future.

Whatever happens, good luck with your price adjustments and have a wonderful cruise!!

I left this decision up to my hubby, which currency to book under. He said a lot of the guys he works with (ford motor co.) have been saying our dollar is going to tank even more. So he said book at this rate and if it does we are locked in. I am under the impression if when I make a payment its based on my booking exchange unless the rate gets better. Not sure if that makes sense. I was hoping to get some input from someone here that has booked in Canadian and how it worked for them. Even with the exchange we got a great deal an 8 day cruise for $1050 Canadian each.

We booked in Canadian funds and have been told that all of our online payments will be made in Canadian. My vacation planner said that we won't qualify for most deals that are sent by email as they are for US fund deals, but to contact her at anytime and she will check for a price drop. We have already had a small price drop since we've booked a few weeks ago.

I booked in Canadian dollars for the first time. Was told I had to phone in payments. My pvp will check for price drops. Carnival gave us a better exchange rate than what was posted online.

I think it will be advantageous as my cc charges a 2.5% conversion rate on American money so we saved that at least.

I booked in Canadian dollars for the first time. Was told I had to phone in payments. My pvp will check for price drops. Carnival gave us a better exchange rate than what was posted online.

I think it will be advantageous as my cc charges a 2.5% conversion rate on American money so we saved that at least.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I think I will call in our payments. I also wanted to avoid the exchange charge on our credit card. I use our Amex gold passport, in order to have all the insurance benefits from it at least 75% of the vacation has to be charged to the card, this way I can pay for all of it on the card.