New docking locations

HelenP

My sympathies that you got the short end of the straw. This is a result of more boats than can be handled at the Centraal docks (and of course Viking is the largest contributor to the problem).

I suggest you read:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k8350012-Amsterdam_Viking_Cruise_Docks-Amsterdam_North_Holland_Province.html

(especially post 6) to see what might go wrong. I refer you to this not to scare you, but to make you aware that you need to make absolutely sure that you know the location of the boat, the bus stop, etc, and have taxi money. Forewarned is forearmed. Don’t let this keep you from having a wonderful trip.

Thom

This happened to us last year as well. If you are already in Amsterdam for pre cruise activity I would recommend not going out to this dock until you are finished with your touring and getting ready to depart. My original plan had been to check out of my hotel at about noon, and then after lunch on the ship to return to town for more local tours. Instead we checked out early, stored our luggage at the hotel, spent the full day touring with lunch on my dime and then picked up our luggage and got a cab to the “port”. Do have specific names and numbers for the dock. It is farther out than you think and going back and forth would have been very time consuming.