Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Also fun side note - Victoria Beckham will be the final guest judge, so she is VERY out there and fashion forward.

Have to disagree with you on this one Curt.

I think she's pure fashion victim always in a "look at me" ensemble.

I don't think she dresses well.

I was shocked when Christian won fan favorite. I thought for sure it would go to Chris.

I'm rooting for Chris to win.

Me too, when they said it was a "landslide", DH and I looked at each other and simultanously said "CHRIS"!

When Christian won, we were at first shocked and then DH said, this proves one thing.....that young people (teenagers and young 20's) are willing to call in votes. Those of us over 35, simply don't. I think the teen crowd must find Christian's attitude not only acceptable, but even enviable.

Honestly, can anyone here say that they voted? I sure didn't.

So, I guess I can't be surprised that Chris lost, because I think that the people who'd vote for him didn't take the trouble to do so. But I am disappointed for him.

I agree with whoever said that the judges have under-estimated Chris and thought he'd be there to serve for comic relief with his drag queen costumes. He's proven himself a skilled and talented designer and I think that Curt is right. That piece was different enough from the piece he made w/ Christian.

I also agree that Carmen totally over reacted to comments about her designs. Her menswear was awful and didn't she send him down the runway without a shirt? I really don't care for her "poor me" attitude.

Victorya was definitely wins the sourpuss award.

I thought the show was a big snore and a time filler for a week when they had nothing else to do. To make it more interesting, I think they should have shown some of Michael Kors fashions from 20 years ago til today and I think they should talk a little more about Nina Garcia's work at Elle. Not many people really understand how the fashion industry works, and a little education might be more interesting than the boring "reunion before the show even ends" bit.

I agree with whoever said that the judges have under-estimated Chris and thought he'd be there to serve for comic relief with his drag queen costumes. He's proven himself a skilled and talented designer and I think that Curt is right. That piece was different enough from the piece he made w/ Christian.

The question for me is, do we really know if one or the other had more input in the dress they did together? Everyone seems to think it was more of a Christian dress than a Chris dress. Christian was the winner of that challenge by virtue of his being the team leader which wasn't totally fair IMO.

I also thought that the favorite would have been Chris and by the looks on the other's faces, I think they thought so as well.

I can't see Chris winning because the judges seem to be smitten with Christian and I don't think Chris has a chance with them. I think Chris has gone out of his comfort zone more than some of the others and has shown his versitility and has not gotten much credit for it. I do hope Chris wins over Rami because he just can't get over his swags and jabots.

Beckam-Schmekam, don't think it's hard to tell whose design she'll like.

I've only seen snippets of the show, but my mother's friend is a huge Project Runway fan and an even bigger Tim Gunn fan.

She got to meet him and have her picture taken with him at a Liz Claiborne promotional event in Little Rock, Arkansas. She was absolutely thrilled! Of course now she considers them BFF's. :D

The question for me is, do we really know if one or the other had more input in the dress they did together? Everyone seems to think it was more of a Christian dress than a Chris dress. Christian was the winner of that challenge by virtue of his being the team leader which wasn't totally fair IMO.

Totally agree! Chris was robbed in that challange.

I can't see Chris winning because the judges seem to be smitten with Christian and I don't think Chris has a chance with them. I think Chris has gone out of his comfort zone more than some of the others and has shown his versitility and has not gotten much credit for it. I do hope Chris wins over Rami because he just can't get over his swags and jabots.

Agree again.

Beckam-Schmekam, don't think it's hard to tell whose design she'll like.

Exactly.<yawn> She wants to hitch her wagon to whomever will get the most publicity. Her 15 minutes were over long ago, now she tick-tocks on everyone else's clock.

I've only seen snippets of the show, but my mother's friend is a huge Project Runway fan and an even bigger Tim Gunn fan.

She got to meet him and have her picture taken with him at a Liz Claiborne promotional event in Little Rock, Arkansas. She was absolutely thrilled! Of course now she considers them BFF's. :D

When was he here? I missed him? :eek:

When was he here? I missed him? :eek:

I'm pretty sure it was in November. Lemme do some Googling to find out for sure. :p

edit: Oops, we're not supposed to quote text. Sorry! Here's a link to the article http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=f80cfc59-8c41-4ff9-9d77-0e7e8bba30cb

I'm sorry you missed him. :(

I'm pretty sure it was in November. Lemme do some Googling to find out for sure. :p

edit: Oops, we're not supposed to quote text. Sorry! Here's a link to the article http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=f80cfc59-8c41-4ff9-9d77-0e7e8bba30cb

I'm sorry you missed him. :(

Ahh, that was the day I was sick with the stomach bug. Wouldn't have wanted to be there that day.

I guess I'm not a Chris fan. If I close my eyes and listen to him, I hear Jay. His stuff is too out there. I like the glam rather than the bizaar.

Are you saying that Jay's stuff is too far out there or Chris's? If it's Jay's, I agree. I didn't see anything by Chris that was bizarre or approached Jay's designs. I guess everyone has their own opinion of glam or bizarre but if I had to label one of these as glam and one bizarre, it would be Chris for glam, not that there's anything wrong with Christian's, I'm just talking categories.:)

raterunway_02_411_220x415.jpg

raterunway_01_411_220x415.jpg

I think whomever wins will be the designer the judges and producers think can actually become a designer.

Jay McCarrol didn't do anything and turned down the prize the because he wanted to license his name, Chloe went back to Dallas and her little shop, and Jeffrey went back to LA. Jeffrey was already a successful designer in his own right.

Daniel Vosovick who was favored to win I don't think did win because he was too immature (Tim Gunn even said this in print), too inexperienced, and unwilling to start at the bottom.

That's an excellent point about young folks calling in more than older. I've never called in for any show (and we're faithful watchers of Dancing w/ Stars and So You think You Can Dance). Many, many younger people actually watch TV while at their computer,making it easy to vote on things.

But, I don't think Christian got the votes because viewers champion his attitude. It's because he gave good TV. There wasn't a lot of that this season.

We're watching for the clothes. I suspect most viewers are watching for the drama.

That's an excellent point about young folks calling in more than older. I've never called in for any show (and we're faithful watchers of Dancing w/ Stars and So You think You Can Dance). Many, many younger people actually watch TV while at their computer,making it easy to vote on things.

The first and only time I ever voted for anything was for Chris.:D

I think whomever wins will be the designer the judges and producers think can actually become a designer.

Jay McCarrol didn't do anything and turned down the prize the because he wanted to license his name, Chloe went back to Dallas and her little shop, and Jeffrey went back to LA. Jeffrey was already a successful designer in his own right.

Daniel Vosovick who was favored to win I don't think did win because he was too immature (Tim Gunn even said this in print), too inexperienced, and unwilling to start at the bottom.

Christian = Daniel Vosovick 2.0

That and what you say above is exactly why I'm thinking Jillian for the win, as I mentioned weeks ago.

And especially considering that they taped the reunion show, and gave the fan favorite $10,000 the day or two before the Rami/Chris decision;

and therefore before the final decision of the winner...

Christian just won $10,000 and fan favorite, so less incentive to give him the win.

He is also (although mature for 21) not really mature in his own perspective yet.

So I expect a Jillian win, and then I expect Christian to become a huge Bravo TV "star".

And he will go on after this (including being a successful designer) doing something like red carpet events, fashion commentary to TV shows, being on judgin panels, etc.

He'll be a "fierce" mini-Tim Gunn!

(If they were really smart they'd put Christian and Chris together doing TV shows and commentary)...

Who knows about Rami and Chris...oh wait, Curt probably has the inside scoop

No insider reports on Rami and Chris...

It's pretty much just two close friends who respect each other, support each other, and have gone through the same thing.

This group (except for a few, I think you know who) have really bonded and supported each other.

Much like certain ones from Season Two are still very close and supportive of each other.

Speaking of which, I will give you a little secret if you watch back and pay attention...

You can always tell what the people and the crew think of a designer personally by what Tim Gunn says (or even more importantly doesn't say) when they are aufed.;)

Notice exactly how he "hugs" people, and if he says anything in addition to "you have to go upstairs and pack".

He is a class act, so will never say direct negatives about someone's personality, even if he can't stand them.

But he will be sure to never utter the words "we love you" or "we're going to miss you" or whatever. That way the producers have nothing to use on the goodbye edit!:cool:

That Tim! Saying so much, without saying anything!

Have to disagree with you on this one Curt.

I think she's pure fashion victim always in a "look at me" ensemble.

I don't think she dresses well.

ROTFL!:D

I never said she dresses well!

I said: Also fun side note - Victoria Beckham will be the final guest judge, so she is VERY out there and fashion forward.

Meaning - whatever, and literally whatever is the newest thing on the runway, she wants to be the first to wear it. If she could rip the stuff off some of the models before they hit the end of the catwalk she would!:eek:

Doesn't matter what it looks like, just as long as she is "first"!

And she is so strongly opinionated in this "forward" thinking, that I do think it will affect the judging.

In case people haven't had the Victoria Beckham experience...

79821098.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935FB17706AA75D2013D01FD7ED6DF224549AAE4E13EDE9114

76654031.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1932A9B55D9B9C7D68D05E36CFA16A1AC96

75598709.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193F59B4249CE5E7FC75F112E437E247ED8

75397583.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193550E821156FDE612E7A1D77C2A3CD591

74939881.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193FE27433493C03A10265C4D17AF7923F4

Come on now! She's hysterically awesomely fun!

She's like an alien come to earth to show us the errors of our fashion ways!!!

You just can't turn away, it's like a car accident, but instead of blood there are corsets, push up bras, bustles, and shoulder pads!

And she is someone who actually wears some of the designer things off the runways!

Just saying, unlike previous judges, she will have a very strong forceful opinion on this.

Major winking going on here...

;-)

Well, the judges choose Rami over Chris. Can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. I think if for-ordained, as Chris' three show choices were every bit as good (if not better) than Rami's.

I think they couldn't get over the human hair. And, it is a little creepy to think about. Don't know why -- it should be less creepy than leather or mink or some other material where something died to produce it (I'm not a PETA person).

I thought of "monkey hair" when I first saw his collection (thanks so much to that poster for the link). Of course, I don't know if monkey hair WAS monkey hair. But I seem to remember it from glamorous movie fashions from the 30s or 40s.

I guess it really doesn't matter than Chris didn't get chosen, since he had already shown his collection (as did Sweet Pea).

CJW, I hope you're wrong about Jillian. This last episode made me feel weird about her. Plus I wasn't wild about her collection.

So, a fortune tellers told her mommy that one of her kids would be famous -- and mommy picks Jillian. How'd you like to be one of her sisters? Sheesh.

I'm still blown away by Christian. How about that tiny space he was living and working in:eek: And, did you notice that unlike earlier seasons, everyone seemed pretty much ready to go weeks in advance?

Overall the collections were much more refined than previously IMHO. The work shows, especially in Rami's and Christian's.

Well, it will be what it will be.

I thought the human hair was wonderfully innovative. Would I wear it? No, but I would wear hair extensions, so that's me being a big-ole hypocrite. I wanted Chris to go through. I wanted it so badly.

Christian will win in a walk. He's charmed this year, although I find his styles to be too much for very thin women. Which means Posh Spice will adore them.

I thought the second dress of Rami's was awful. The judges loved it. Clearly they do now know any women with actual hips. Since that drape would exaggerate them.

I'm not sure Jillian's mom picked Jillian. I get the feeling that Jillian's mom is a bit of a whip cracker to all those kids.