Airfare to Barcelona

I'm thinking about sailing on the VOS from Barcelona on November 4, 2006, and I don't want to use the cruise airfare because it seems expensive. Can anyone tell me what they paid this past November to fly round trip to Barcelona from the east coast.

We found it to be real high this year so our trip in April is to Lisbon because the air was so much lower. I am sure if you play with it with the use of different cities to connect by you could get it down some. We have ours about $300 lower then what the cruise line wants for air now but we are out of Denver. Post what city you are needing and that could help others with how much they paid (east cost is a large area).

I'm interested in this thread, too, as my husband and I are booked on the Brilliance from Barcelona to Miami next November 7th. I'm not sure I can beat RCCL's fare since I would otherwise have to buy two one way fares at pretty high rates. Am I right to think this?

When Delta told me the miles were the same for two international flights or one international and one domestic, I decided they were just trying to force me to take two transatlantics. So that's what I did.

There were a few logistical things I had to work out, but keeping it simple, I got an Atlanta to Rome ticket and cruised back to the US to Baltimore in September 2004. The return was open (it was too far out to book a return and I didn't know dates anyway). Then when the spring 2005 TA's opened up, I changed the open return to Barcelona-Atlanta. Then we took the Brilliance from Miami to Barcelona. Our 1-way fare from Baltimore to Atlanta was about $200 p/p and the Atl-Mia was about the same. So for 90,000 miles and $400 per person, we had business class for the international flights and 2 cruises.

I'm planning on doing that again for fall of 2007 and spring of 2008. I just have to get back to to 180,000 miles. Nothing like planning ahead.

But if you are buying tickets, I would book the RCL air and look for better alternatives. You can always cancel the cruiseline air before final payment with no penalty and you will have a fare locked in.

Archived