Infinity 4/2/06 change from FLL to MIA

SharkieRools

In case you haven't see this on the roll call thread (or heard from your TA)....

The 4/2/06 Westbound Panama Canal sailing of the Infinity on 4/2/06 has changed it's embarkation port from Port Everglades to the Port of Miami. Time to change those hotel reservations! :eek:

although my cruise isn't until Nov., while it is no big deal to change a hotel reservation,what do you do about airline tickets-if you've booked on your own? This will be my first X cruise, do they make these kinds of major changes often?

I think it has to do with the Infinity plans to be drydocked in Miami beforehand, they have decided not to move it to Port Everglades for the start of the cruise as scheduled.

While this isn't an earth shattering port change (they aren't TOOOOO far apart, it's not like changing from Port Everglades to Galveston for example,) for those who might have made priceline or other non refundable hotel reservations they seem to be hosed - I haven't heard that Celebrity was offering any kind of compensation for this. I guess you could always still stay in Fort Lauderdale and make your way to Miami the next day via shuttle or cab - same goes for those flying into to Fort Lauderdale the day of the cruise.

Changing embarkation ports isn't too common, except in the case of natural (or unnatural) disasters, etc.

although my cruise isn't until Nov., while it is no big deal to change a hotel reservation,what do you do about airline tickets-if you've booked on your own? This will be my first X cruise, do they make these kinds of major changes often?

You don't have to change flights... Many cruisers fly to FLL to cruise from MIA... MIA has very small airport and limited number of flights.

I plan to keep my airline ticket and fly into FLL; stay in my priceline, prepaid room at Pier 66 in FLL, then take a van in the morning to MIA pier. Additional cost: $18 (the price of the van).

No worries about return flight - we disembark in San Francisco - my return flight from there is unchanged.

Things could have been worse.

So, since this is a done deal, what is the difference in port facilites as far as Celebrity is concerned? Id think Miami's port facility would be pretty darn good, but this is just a assumption (and we all knows what happens when one assumes ! :D ) .

All things being equal, this might be a very good thing. According to CruiseCalendar, there were to be 9 ships in FLL on 4/2/06. Thats a whole heck of alot of people making their way to the port and out of town the same day. Would have been fun to see all those ships in one place tho...

Devin

I am on the 4-2-06 cruise but I have booked with a group and they are making airline reservations so that will be ok. I heard that 12 ships were leaving from fll and this move to mia is a good move I need to look and see how many ships will be leaving the same day as us.

;) Hi,

There are 5 other ships in MIA 2nd Apr: RCI Explorer and Radiance,

NCL Jewel, CCL Valor and Victory.

With us, makes 6 ships, approx 17000+/- pax.....Sounds a lot easier than the 9 ships and 24000+/- pax in FLL...right ?

I wonder where they'll fit us on INFINITY: I tought the RCI facilities in Miami are '' two ships '' type of complex....

Cheers

CG

:)

:) Hi,

PRECISELY !!!! and all of 35odd minutes added to the transfer that morning !!!

A very minor adjustment really....even for guests already air-ticketed to FLL the day of sailing: having a whole 3 months to adjust to the reality of a 35 minutes addition to their ''airport-ship'' shuttle is not exactly my idea of a disaster...

Happy sailings

CG

;)

I plan to keep my airline ticket and fly into FLL; stay in my priceline, prepaid room at Pier 66 in FLL, then take a van in the morning to MIA pier. Additional cost: $18 (the price of the van).

No worries about return flight - we disembark in San Francisco - my return flight from there is unchanged.

We're also planning to fly into FLL. We have 2 options. One is to rent a car and drive to Miami and stay over night. Or stay in FLL and go to Miami in the morning. The van you're talking about . . . is that a shuttle from the FLL airport to Miami pier? Do I need to call for a reservation for the shuttle? Thanks!

Archived