Elegant nights question

seapad

I'm beginning to pack for our upcoming MSC Seaside cruise in 2 weeks . We will be staying in the YC, 7 nights Eastern Caribbean.

Wondering if someone can advise wether there are 1 or 2 elegant nights on a 7 night cruise?

Will this be on the 2nd day and 5th day?

Any information will be very helpful so we can plan our attire.

thanks!

I'm beginning to pack for our upcoming MSC Seaside cruise in 2 weeks . We will be staying in the YC, 7 nights Eastern Caribbean.

Wondering if someone can advise wether there are 1 or 2 elegant nights on a 7 night cruise?

Will this be on the 2nd day and 5th day?

Any information will be very helpful so we can plan our attire.

thanks!

You got it right.

The Seaside is a little less formal than Divina. "Smart casual" is perfectly acceptable for formal nights on Seaside. For men that'd be a pair of slacks and a collared shirt. About 20% are in full blown tuxedos, with the bulk in shirt and tie. I wore a tux (with white dinner jacket) on the first formal night, and a pair of slacks and collared shirt the second formal. Had a blast both nights.

On both ships the Divina and the Seaside we saw people turned away from the MDR on formal nights due to how they dressed. Many were sent away. we had some men in tuxes and women in gowns, but most men were in suits and ties with women in cocktail dresses. Same at both formal nights.

Safe sailing

On both ships the Divina and the Seaside we saw people turned away from the MDR on formal nights due to how they dressed. Many were sent away. we had some men in tuxes and women in gowns, but most men were in suits and ties with women in cocktail dresses. Same at both formal nights.

Safe sailing

We just returned from Seaside (Yacht Club)...On 1st formal night we watched a man in shorts and a uncollared shirt be seated in YC Dining Room

Safe sailing

That's interesting. I was just on the Seaside and was surprised at how informal people were in the dining room on formal night. We ate at 530 and I'd say half of the people at that seating were "cruise casual" with quite a few in jeans and t shirts. Maybe they only start enforcing things for later seatings? We are super casual as a family and we never felt uncomfortable at the early seating. Were they turning people away for not having jackets and ties, or was it just the usual MDR rules (no shorts or tank tops, etc)?