Naples shore excursions

SunshineandCocktails

Hi there! My husband and I are researching tours for our Naples stop. We would like to do Pompeii and either the Amalfi Coast or Capri. For those of you that have been, do you recommend Capri or Amalfi Coast? Also any company recommendations. We are debating doing a private guide so we can costumize, but are also open to a larger tour to save money. Any help is appreciated. We will be on the crown princess and I can’t find any reviews of the tours they offer. If anyone has done one of their tours, I would love info on that as well! Thank you!

You can catch a ferry boat from the Port of Naples directly to Capri, which is nice.

If you haven't yet been to Pompeii, it is definitely worth a visit! You can catch the commuter to Pompeii from the Naples train station.

I'd save the Amalfi Coast for another time. Although it is gorgeous, the road along the coast is windy and slow. You need more time to enjoy the towns of Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento.

https://travel-europe.ca/italy/

We have never been to Capri but on one trip to Naples we did a Amalfi Coast by water in the morning and Pompeii in the afternoon. It was great in that we were able to do both. Pompeii was so hot that our guide kept looking for places in the shade.

Having been to Naples before I would suggest for your first trip Pompeii and Amalfi Coast. We have used Rome in Limo many times and very pleased with their service. The drive down the coast is wonderful and will something to remember the rest of you life.