Sailing from NYC over Thanksgiving (Disney Magic)?

RBooth425

Hi All!

We literally just got home from our maiden DCL voyage on the Wonder. We are already to use our placeholder and book our next cruise. Can anyone PLEASE give me any insight on sailing out of NYC late November? We are looking at the 7nt on the Magic. I am worried about weather temps and overall rocking of the ship. (We had some rough motion on our way out of Port Canaveral last week. Luckily it only lasted one night, but if there was more than one night...I might have a tough time.). TIA!!!:)

I don't know how long the roughness would last from NYC, but leaving anywhere from the East Coast you have to cross the Gulf Stream and that will always result in rougher seas (you actually cross it going out and coming in). I would imagine that there is a really good possibility of rough waters off the coast of the Carolinas - that area isn't referred to as "The Graveyard of the Atlantic" because it's like glass.

But basically when you are at sea there are NEVER any guarantees on the weather or waves. While most things can be predicted to a degree, there are times when things just pop up.