RC mistakes

I got the post-cruise survey for my cruise ending 4/1 on the Liberty, while I was sitting at IAH waiting for my flight home. I thought that was pretty good.

Then, I opened the survey yesterday. I got to the questions about ports and excursions. The cruise was Galveston-Roatan-Costa Maya-Cozumel-Galveston. But, the survey had the cruise as Galveston-Nassau-Nassau-Nassau-Galveston.

I had to go back to the first part of the survey, so I could rip on their IT prowess or lack thereof, followed by my opinions on the ports and excursions.

I forgot to mention that I e-mailed RC on Thursday, March 22nd, to inquire about where to catch the airport transfer (we were spending Saturday night at the Intercontinental Marriott) and wound up calling on the 23rd. I finally got an e-mail, apologizing for the tardiness in responding to my e-mail, on Tuesday, April 3. That's 2 days after the cruise ended.

It's no wonder that my opinion of RC isn't what it was a few years ago.

I think Royal Caribbean is notoriously slow in answering questions sent via email. I sent a question over a week ago. I received the canned response that it would be answered asap.

I am still waiting for an answer. The same thing happened for our cruise in January. I ended up sending a second request after 2 weeks and then it took another 2 weeks to get an answer to something that should have taken a few minutes of someone's time.