Airport and port security timing?

SuzCruise

We'll be cruising round trip from St. Martin over Thanksgiving. I'm trying to figure out if the port and airport have long immigration/security/customs lines on departure. The flight home departs at 9 AM and we'll be off the ship at 7. If things are pretty quick moving, that might work. If we REALLY need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of departure to make it through security, not so much.

Thanks in advance for any first hand experience you can share.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be cruising round trip from St. Martin over Thanksgiving. I'm trying to figure out if the port and airport have long immigration/security/customs lines on departure. The flight home departs at 9 AM and we'll be off the ship at 7. If things are pretty quick moving, that might work. If we REALLY need to be at the airport 2 hours ahead of departure to make it through security, not so much.

Thanks in advance for any first hand experience you can share.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH and I have flown out before and after Irma and we have never breezed through this airport. We strongly urge you to change your flight to no earlier than 11 a.m. if you have luggage to check possibly a 10 a.m. Flight would work if you don't have luggage.

I flew out of St. Marten on Easter and got to airport at noon for 3 PM flight and was thru security etc in 20 minutes, can't tell about your earlier flight and maybe Easter was different but I expected a much longer time which is why I got there 3 hours early, meant more time at the bar in departure lounge.

I flew out of St. Marten on Easter and got to airport at noon for 3 PM flight and was thru security etc in 20 minutes, can't tell about your earlier flight and maybe Easter was different but I expected a much longer time which is why I got there 3 hours early, meant more time at the bar in departure lounge.

Not many flights right now for sure but there will be more next fall but not as many as normal.

Still I wouldn't count on getting off of the ship at 0700 and through customs, to the airport, checked in and through security in time for a 9 am flight. Usually 1 hour before they stop checking bags right so that's 8. I think that this would make for a very stressful end to a relaxing vacation.