Alaska Cruise - anything for teens?

tlc903

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You might want to post this on the Norwegian Cruise Line Board: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107 where it will be seen by more NCL cruisers. Have a great time in Alaska - we're taking our 3rd cruise to Alaska this summer and it is always beautiful.

Our kids had fun with other teens on the sea days. The Pearl starts,with a short day, then a full sea day, then gets into Juneau at 2pm. So there is a lot of time to kill. They did bowling and there were a few other organized things to keep the busy. Riding the elevators was even a thing to do. Once you hit Juneau, the next days are busy port days. Then you repeat the sea days on the trip back. Some photos in my signature from our trip on the Pearl 2007 (the 2010 review is without the kids).

Their favorite excursion was rock climbing and repelling in Skagway.

I have taken my 3 kids to Alaska on Princess 3 times when they were teens/young adults, and they always found things to do. It is not necessarily too cold for the pool. My kids used the pools, but they are native Washingtonians and are used to cool weather. They found friends and hung out at the sports court. They watched movies. They spent a lot of time in the buffet. They enjoyed going to Trivia with us. They loved our Alaska cruises together!