Your time dining on Vista/Horizon

glituner32

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how Your Time Dining work son Vista/Horizon? Sailing on the Horizon in 2 months. I notice that there is like a booth on the ship where you check in for dining. I'm use to RCCL my time dining where you can still make reservations online before you sail on the time you want to eat. Does Carnival do this? or do you just show up between the Your time dining hours and wait for a table.

Thanks

YTD has become very popular the last 10 years. Our first few cruises we never had a wait. Then it was usually only on Formal night when dinners took longer. Now it is almost every night except embarkation that there is a wait.

Like any other restaurant you essentially walk up to the desk and give your room number and will either be seated or have to wait (with a pager). There are no, and to my knowledge never has been, a way to reserve a time for YTD on Carnival.

Sailed on the Vista last Summer and you had to check in at a booth next to the coffee shop where they either printed a ticket and told you to go right to the dinning room, or if there was a wait handed you a pager/buzzer. I had to wait on the 2 formal nights, and for less than 20 minutes both nights. This was for a party of 2 and we tended to check in after 8pm each night. So with a larger group, or trying to go during peak dining times (6-730) your results may vary.

Apparently on the Horizon you can check in on the Hub App, so you no longer have to walk down to the check in desk. I would imagine it will be fleet wide soon, can't wait to try it out in August!