purchasing future cruise credits for others not on board

toeloop

Currently on the regal. I have read somewhere on here that you can purchase future cruise deposits for someone not currently sailing, but who has sailed before. I was told today that you can only do that if you use it to book a cruise while on board. I asked the future cruise consultant if it was refundable and would return to the account to be used again if cancelled. She said it would, "but not to be rude. that it would be an incredible amount of work for her to do for me to then cancel it." I found her comment to be rude, as I told her we were thinking of cruising at Thanksgiving. but I wouldnt know for sure if my schedule would allow it until august. She really ticked me off. I just wanted to make sure we would still have both deposits if we had to cancel. It takes how long for her to type in the info for the credit and how long to do a booking. I booked my last cruise in under 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Since you can only purchase an FCD for someone not sailing if you make an actual booking, the Future Cruise Consultant is probably asked over and over if one can get away with making a booking and then cancelling, thus getting away with purchasing an open FCD for someone not currently on the ship. She probably interpreted your asking if the booking can be cancelled as yet another attempt to do so.