What Hotels does Princess use for thier hotel packages in Venice?

RubyLee

I’ve booked a cruise on the Pacific Princess leaving Oct. 30, 2019. My travelling companions and myself purchased a package with a pre-cruise hotel and transfer from the airport. The only hotel available for this, at this time, is the Crowne Plaza Quarto D’altino. Which is on the mainland close to the airport. As we get closer to our sail date will additional hotels, actually in Venice, be offered?

Hi,

In June 2014, we took a cruise that departed from Venice on the Regal Princess. We purchased a pre-cruise package from Princess and stayed at the Bauer Hotel (very nice hotel located on the Grand Canal). Hopefully, Princess will add this hotel as an option prior to your cruise.

Chuck

Yes to me it looks like Princess charges the full price for each individual in the room there by doubling the cost per room. I plan to book a room directly near the Piazza Roma but I’m travelling with some cruise newbies that are interested in the Princess Hotel and transfer package in Venice. They are hoping for a hotel in Venice and not on the mainland where they have to take a train or boat to get into town.

We booked our Venice hotel with Princess, for two nights before getting on board our ship, once on board we had that afternoon and a third night in Venice before sailing late the next afternoon. We wanted to relax a day or so and we had a full day and night on the ship at the downtown pier anyway so that worked out well since the prices Princess wanted for the downtowns were very high. We also booked transfers from the airport to the hotel and hotel to ship (Sure is nice to have a Princess representative waiting for you with a sign when you get off the aircraft, additionally, on our recent Princess cruises we have immediately been provided transport to our hotel, sometimes by limo, no more waiting in a bus with a crowd of others for a few stragglers on late arriving flights).

The Crown Plaza Quarto D'altino hotel has to be about the cleanest if not the cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in. Our room was fairly large and immaculate, we liked it a lot. It is on the outskirts of Venice on the mainland, about 7 miles from the cruise ship pier. I'm not certain how much we paid but it was a lot, since our transfers to and from the ship are cranked into that charge. We had to be wait listed by Princess before they could get the hotel to guarantee our second night. This was off season too, and it certainly did not appear to be near full during our stay. One guy told me he made reservations directly with the hotel for a lot less than we paid though.

However, even if one is planning to go into Venice during the day this hotel location is ideal since it is a 3 minute walk to the train pickup. But, the hotel is located in a residential area so the only places to eat are at the hotel. The dining room is good, the cuisine mediocre. The bar is pretty reasonable and offers a variety of dining choices. The bar will also sell you canned sodas you can take to your room. There is one ice machine on the 3rd floor just down the hall from our room (the hotel has only three floors). The liquor in the hotel refrigerator set up is very limited so bring your own liquor and mix. We ate dinner at both. Part of the Princess hotel package included two full buffet style breakfasts at the hotel in the dining room, which were pretty good.

The hotel doesn't exchange currencies and tell you that you have to go into downtown Venice to do that. So, my two mistakes were not bringing some Euros and not bringing an adopter for our US 120 volt AC laptop battery charger from European 220 volt. Wi-fi in the room is free and very good. The TV is also excellent with hundreds of different channels, but we could find only two in English, CNN International and CNBC International. In summary, we would book the hotel again but would prefer a better rate. The hotel did serve our purpose in that we were relaxed and anxious to board our ship beginning a month long cruise.

It was a few years ago, but we stayed at the Hotel Monaco and had breakfast every morning o the Grand Canal. It was next door to Harry’s Bar if you’re interested in that rip off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keep trying for other options. Per their website they do offer packages at the Bauer but of course it is subject to availability. This is the page from which you can launch the Med hotel options but I've attached a screen shot of what you'll see for Venice. https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/europe-cruises/cruisetours-hotels/

venice.JPG.64c149a5e4660472c4446442eaf43dca.JPG