Helicopter Excursion

MLSonk

Anyone have anything to say about the helicopter excursions to the volcanoes? Thinking of doing that with my 5 year-old son (he has been in a helicopter before and loved it) when we dock in Antigua next week. I would love to know if there are any warnings or comments I should know about.

I can't recommend it enough! We did it this past March, and it was worth every penny! The crew on land and in the air are so professional, and completely go over with you in every detail what to expect, and what to do if somthing goes wrong. My biggest piece of advice about it is to make sure to bring a camera, and plenty of film/a large memory card!!! There are a a few pics from this excursion at my site (cruisingtheseas.info). Have fun!

P.S- you have one brave 5 year old!

• 2 weeks later...

4 can fit in the chopper and depending on where u go there will be different costs. They run an excellent operation and you never hear anyone complain. Many of the ships offer the trip and you then must book through the ship as most excursion operators who do business with ships can not take you direct once its offered by the ship. If its not offered through the ship then you can book online at http://www.antiguaadventures.com/tours.html#heli .

As you can see they offer three tours and as expected the best one is the most expensive. I send my grandmother and my sister on that one recently and they LOVED it. Lots of $$$$$$ but worth it if you can find some extra cashola.

Archived