Leaving tomorrow! Last minute questions

kathleen21

Our vacation starts in 36 hours :D (not that I’m counting down or anything..) and I’m wondering about a few details.

1. Our train gets to Genoa at 1100, but our assigned time to board the Orchestra is 1445. Can we just check our bags in and come back later to get on the ship?

2. The documents say no food allowed to be brought on board. Am I safe to assume my ziplock of protein bars doesn’t count?

3. My husband doesn’t drink, so I have to use all 24 Fantastica drink coupons on my own. ;p I usually drink wine or margaritas, but I’m wanting to venture out and try some mixed drinks that are more “European “. Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

You will probably be able to board pretty soon after arriving if you get to the ship after your 11am train. Protein bars are food. They may or may not make it on the ship, but of course you know that they are in fact food. Try an Aperol Spritz. I think that's sort of European.

Our vacation starts in 36 hours :D (not that I’m counting down or anything..) and I’m wondering about a few details.

1. Our train gets to Genoa at 1100, but our assigned time to board the Orchestra is 1445. Can we just check our bags in and come back later to get on the ship?

2. The documents say no food allowed to be brought on board. Am I safe to assume my ziplock of protein bars doesn’t count? if they are dry, packaged and commercially produced they are an exception to the "no bringing food on board"

3. My husband doesn’t drink, so I have to use all 24 Fantastica drink coupons on my own. ;p I usually drink wine or margaritas, but I’m wanting to venture out and try some mixed drinks that are more “European “. Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The above answer Is taken from the luggage tags issued with your tickets

bring%20food%20on%20board.jpg

Pete

Hi Kathleen, think carefully about what you pack in your hand luggage.

You may be able to board the ship early but may need to wait for a few hours before your room is ready.

With this in mind, what we do is always pack our handluggage carefully (will explain more in a min) and then when we drop our suitcases off at the terminal; so we keep on us a couple of shoulder carry on bags (one each per adult). In this bag we pack everything we will need whilst waiting to access the room (swimsuits, sunlotion, creams, any medicines, keys, passports, coverup from the sun, hats etc.) This way we can go enjoy the pool from the get go and not wait to access our luggage.

Worth thinking about!