whens the best time to cruise

chefjhh

Best time, I guess, would be whenever you want to take a vacation?;)

I prefer to cruise in early September, even though August and September are the worst months for hurricanes. The kiddies of all ages are usually back in school, and I like peace and quiet when I'm on a ship.

I would never cruise during summer months or spring breaks or any school holidays. I think you're the only one who can determine when you'd like to take a cruise.

just what to know i habe been in sep and oct, price and weather,,

when you cruise in september and/or october you are running a greater risk of running into a hurricane and having your itinerary disrupted.

We have even been forced to change islands in mid november by a late season hurricane...then again, the prices are generally lower during that season.

I like to go in the winter when it's really miserable here in Connecticut-and get away from the cold rain & snow!

As the above poster noted, it depends on your requirements. The above poster obviously wants to avoid children. If that's the case, just before or after Thanksgiving has few children and great prices. Thanksgiving will have lots of children. Summer, Christmas/New Year's and Spring Break = children. Just before or after any of these times always means good savings. The 2nd week in Jan or the week before Pres week in Feb are good savings. It really depends on what you're looking for and where you're going. You CAN'T go to Alaska in Jan or Feb. Caribbean is good any time of year, but a little warmer in the spring and fall compared with the winter.

Good Luck.

My last 3 have been early December....and planning on one right now for next dec.... they were all great!!!!
Hola,

We have had 2 cruises in December, 1 in January and have 1 booked for February. Temperatures have run from the upper 60's to 85 with water temps in the mid to upper 70's. A little cool but tolerable. This year we are taking short wet suits. Even in the 70's it beats the heck out of winter in the Ozarks.

It probably depends on where you want to go on your cruise. Our Med cruise was in April and had very good weather. While there were crowds in some places, it wasn't like it would have been during the summer. Our August cruise to the Hawaiian islands was hot and VERY crowded -- I don't know what we were thinking when we chose that month!!

Archived