Suggested Shore Excursion

Sunbreez

Hi All,

I will be departing on the Grand Princess in Aug/06 to tour the Mediterranean. Departing from Barcelona and stopping at Marseille, Florence/Pisa,Rome, Naples, Mykonos, Istanbul, Kusadasi, Athens and finally Venice. In my youth I took the old bus tour 10 countries in 8 days thing but have forgotten most of it. Can anyone recommend shore excursions or sites that they thought are a must when cruising. I know it's a long time before departing on holidays, but I thought I would start lining up an itinerary before the month or two before I take to sea.

For general info, remember those old-pre-internet classics: Frommer's & Fodor's, available at most libraries as well as bookstores. Since your ports are European, do check out Fodor's European board. I've seen many inquiries there re booking own tours by cruise travelers. Both sources were excellent for us when we did our Nordic cruise & let us pinpoint what we wished to see in each port and then we selected the best-matching Princess tour -- worked really well without the "getting back to ship, etc." concerns of using a private tour.

Archived