Leaving cruisetour early

mikat77

Hi all, we are booked for a HAL Alaska D3C this summer, a 14-day Double Denali Cruise-Land Tour. The last 3 days are in Fairbanks, with a bus from Denali to Fairbanks on Day 12, Tour to the Riverboat Discovery and panning for gold at Gold Dredge 8 on Day 13, and a scheduled departure from Fairbanks on the morning on Day 14.

Due to commitments back at home, we have scheduled our flight home as a red-eye overnight, leaving the night of Day 13. If anyone has done this tour (or an equivalent tour day) will it be difficult for us to leave the tour between the Riverboat Discovery and Gold Dredge 8 and Uber back to the hotel and then head to the airport?

Also, I know that you specify "Join me Tonight" and "Join me in Fairbanks" luggage - will we receive "Join me in Fairbanks" luggage as soon as we arrive in Fairbanks, or will be delivered on the last night (which would be too late for us).

Thanks for any advice!

When we had a similar tour day we were back to the hotel around 4 pm after the Gold Dredge portion.

The Riverboat Discovery ended after a lunch was provided where you boarded the Riverboat.

On ours the riverboat took about 3 hours and lunch was first thing at the dredge.