citizenship question

nynancy31

My friend has a birth certificate issued from the Phillipines. She was born at an airforce base hospital. Her father was in the airforce. Her birth certificate says Phillipines at the top, but place of birth indicates US airforce base hospital. Do you think this will be sufficient as proof of citizenship? She has made calls, but has no definite answers. Please help. Parents nationality is listed as American. Mother's 42 yr old passport has her listed as an addition for re-entry into US with an American Embassy stamp. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi nynancy31,

I have 6 sisters & 2 brothers, out of them 3 of my sisters and 1 brother were born in Germany on a military base. All of their birth certificates indicates a US Base hospital. They have had no problem using their Birth Certificates to do anything, because they are US citizens.

So your friend won't have any problem using her birth certificate.

I hope this helps!

Indy-Taz :)

Hey Indy-taz,

this is the friend nynancy was referring to. Thanks for your responce. I dont mean to be an alarmist, but are you sure. My certificate is from the Republic of the Phillipines, stamped with the Republic of the Phillipines raised seal. I am just worried, that post 9/11 this will cause alarm. Iam sure, if they look at it closely and see PLACE OF BIRTH: US AIRFORCE HOSPITAL, CLARK APO 74 and the parents nationality as AMERICAN, it should go through, I just get nervous that I will run into a hassel at the terminal. This is my first cruise and I dont want any problems.

Thanks again for getting back. I am sure many armed forces kids travel and run into the same question.

Archived