Red Hook Ferry...is this right?

momof4girls

I was looking at the Red Hook ferry schedule, and if I’m reading it correctly, it looks like the ferries run every hour? If we are supposed to dock at 11:30 will I have enough time to make a noon ferry? Or will I need to wait until 1? And if that’s the case, will I have enough time to enjoy Trunk Bay and still get back to ship on time (leaves at 7)?

We had the same schedule in March. Had we been able to get off the ship right at 11:30, we would have made it, but we were held up by Carnival until 11:45. We arrived just in time to see the ferry pull away. To kill time, we asked our cab driver to show us Sapphire and Lindquist. We still ended up wasting a lot of time at the ferry terminal, which was disappointing. We were on the 1:00 ferry and went straight to Trunk Bay when we arrived at Cruz Bay. We left the beach at 4:00 and took the 5:00 ferry back to St. Thomas. Had we made the noon ferry, we would’ve had time to shop on St. John, which I regret. But I don’t regret making the trip for just 3 hours on Trunk Bay. Love that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the same schedule in March. Had we been able to get off the ship right at 11:30, we would have made it, but we were held up by Carnival until 11:45. We arrived just in time to see the ferry pull away. To kill time, we asked our cab driver to show us Sapphire and Lindquist. We still ended up wasting a lot of time at the ferry terminal, which was disappointing. We were on the 1:00 ferry and went straight to Trunk Bay when we arrived at Cruz Bay. We left the beach at 4:00 and took the 5:00 ferry back to St. Thomas. Had we made the noon ferry, we would’ve had time to shop on St. John, which I regret. But I don’t regret making the trip for just 3 hours on Trunk Bay. Love that place.

Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful. I’ll take 3 hours at Trunk Bay over zero hours! Just wish we docked earlier. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful. I’ll take 3 hours at Trunk Bay over zero hours! Just wish we docked earlier. [emoji57]

Same. When we booked our cruise it was 11:00-7:00. I was so disappointed when we lost time, but I wasn’t going to let that ruin our plans.

You are very welcome. Have a great time!

Correction. Was on St. John 3 hrs 40 mins (1:20-5:00), Trunk Bay roughly 2 hrs 40 mins (1:35-4:15). I looked at my picture times.

Grabbed food at Cruz Bay Landing before getting back on the ferry.

Very helpful! So leaving Trunk Bay at 4:15 was safe to make the 5pm ferry?

Very helpful! So leaving Trunk Bay at 4:15 was safe to make the 5pm ferry?

Yes. We even had time to grab food to go at Cruz Bay Landing. The most likely thing to slow you down is if the taxi driver waits to fill his cab.