Flight coming home

KateV

Will be on the Liberty March 2006 and our flight home on the Sunday leaving Lauderdale is at 12:25 pm. There are six of us, should we opt for

the self embarkation in order to get to the airport in time or not??

What do you suggest for transfers there and back, this is our first cruise.

Thanks..........

KateV,

We will be on the Liberty in March also, & from all i've read I would say yes but you need to let them know onboard you want self disembark. If you are on the 3/4/06 sailing come oover to the roll call boards & join us.

Gary

i think i am in trouble my flight leaves at 1145 am from ft lauderdale but sailing out of miami should i change to a later flight or if i miss that flight will they put me on next flight out? HELP PLEASE

going on the 1 30 sailing of the Fascination

thanks Scott

The airport is 10 minutes from the cruise docks. Unless something really odd happens, you should be able to make any flight after 12noon. (Most of the time people are off the ship by 10am.) There are usually taxis at the docks in case you do get off the ship late but I wouldn't worry about it.

avlanche77, you are really pushing it. It is an hour drive from Miami to FLL. Unless you drive like a nascar driver, you are best off picking a flight after 1pm.

Thanks for the replies, our cruise is March 12th, what about transfers with six people, what is the best way to accomodate all of us there and back??

The next flight after the 12:25 to Detroit was 5:15 pm.. too long to be at the airport with 4 teens. Using Spirit the best price and times I could find.

a 12:30 flight is good-- I would not do the self embaraktion--you'd be at the airport for many hours.

if all goes well with customs releasing the ship- even with being last off the ship you willbe off by 10:30 10 minutes by cab to the airport. you will be there by 11.

to the person leaving out of FLL but cruising out of Miami-- have a car service. We used www.larryslimo.com we were the last off the ship at 10:30 and at the airport by 11:30 for a 1pm flight.

If you are off the ship by 9:3 0you should not have a problem

Thanks serene56, I prefer not to do the self embark if I didn't have to.

The larryslimo service, for six people is this a better way to go then try to get a taxi since there are 6 of us, we want to stay all together.

Thanks

Larrys limo for us was a stretch limo--white-beautiful for round trip was about 33.pp which included our tip. We each had 2 pcs of luggage plus a carry on. it all fit.

A taxi for 6 people with luggage wont work. You will need a van. (hope ya'll dont pack much. A taxi will run you about 75.plus tip one way. so a car service is the better deal.

With a car service you want to have a charged cell phone with you. Whethe ship is docked and cleared you call the company. When your color is called you call again and tell them you were just called. By the time you get your luggage and get through customs the limo will be waiting for you.

Kate- Im sorry but the last post thought you were going from Miami to FLL. From re-reading this thread it sounds like you are going from the pier at FLL to the airport FLL.

Save your money ona car service. Get a van/taxi to take you all to the airport. (it will be tight but managable) THe van taxi will cost you 25 bucks total-(not perperson)

they will be waiting in line when you get off the ship.

Grab a nice breakfast-- Head to the dining room since the buffet willbe a mad house. ALl those people wanting to eat and get off the ship---wahhh

leave your carryons in the cabin while you eat. do not stress.

even gettingoff the ship at 10am will leave you plenty of time to catch that plane. did i tell you not to stress??

Ok I want to be sure I got this right. We are leaving the Liberty from FLL and our flight is at 12:25pm. The best way is to NOT self disembark but to have breakfast in dining room then take our carry ons and start getting off the ship and try and get van/taxi which are already available. Should we advise the purser of our flight time? How do they start getting you off the ship, we are on the Empress deck.

Maybe I should of took the 5:15 flight instead :(

I would go to the pursers deck and tell them your flights-- have proof of tickets with you--your confirmation will do.

Seeing the pursers desk will let you off with the first rush of passengers after self embarkation. handicapped and babies. then you. Even when first called (i think its a white tag) dont head off first..let those people get off and get their luggage- that way when it comes to looking for yours==you wont have much to seach for.

But see thepursers desk the last night.. try before dinner--before you put out your stuff

It depends on Customs onwhat decks are let go first. It doesnt matter if you have a suite or not. On our last cruise the suites that were on the Empress deck aft of Miracle we were all let off last.

We were on the 12/10 sailing of the Liberty. We were on Empress (Aft)deck and were the first color called after self-debarkation finished. We were in a van to the airport by 9:42am. When we walked out we caught the eye of the first available porter and told him we needed a cab to the airport. He got our bags and then suggested we take one of the shuttle vans because there were no taxis available and there was already a line waiting. The vans are 10-12 passenger and they all have little u-haul style trailers hitched to the back for luggage. 2 people were already in the van when we got there. We left with 7 people in the van and the price was $7 per person.

HTH -

Thanks for the replies, our cruise is March 12th, what about transfers with six people, what is the best way to accomodate all of us there and back??

The next flight after the 12:25 to Detroit was 5:15 pm.. too long to be at the airport with 4 teens. Using Spirit the best price and times I could find.

KateV You will be fine. You should advise the purser about our 12:25 flight and get early debarkation. It is 5 to 10 min. from the port to airport. Take a van, not the carnival transfer. You may each have a bag on your lap but, it is such a short ride.

(on our cruise we had "relaxed" debarkation. Colors weren't called. Big mess.)

I love flying/cruiseing out of FFL as it is the EASIEST:) Have a great cruise and relax!

i think i am in trouble my flight leaves at 1145 am from ft lauderdale but sailing out of miami should i change to a later flight or if i miss that flight will they put me on next flight out? HELP PLEASE

going on the 1 30 sailing of the Fascination

thanks Scott

Scott we booked a FFL noon flight for the Liberty. Carnival change the port after we booked air, to Miami. Air Tran changed our flight to 11:39. Carnival didn't get us off in a timely fashion. We missed our flight. Our friends had a 12:05 and they just made it.

Archived